20 Pumpkin-Filled Recipes Perfect for Breakfast
What better pairing for your fall morning PSL than a pumpkin-laced treat? Sure, you could reach for a slice of pumpkin bread or cookie without any judgment from us, but how about something tailored to the time of day instead? This collection of 20 tasty pumpkin-filled breakfast recipes is exactly what you need to start your AM off right!
1. Brown Butter Pumpkin Streusel Muffins With Brown Butter Glaze: As if a streusel topping wasn’t enough, a drizzle of sweet, nutty brown butter glaze finishes things off nicely. The muffin man (and woman) have truly outdone themselves this time. (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
3. Pumpkin Spice Latte Granola: Not your standard granola, this one is made for mornings — it has a nice dose of caffeine baked right in! Pretty much the first stop on the way to coffee flour everything. (via Maebells)
5. Pumpkin Butter Tea Cakes With Orange Glaze: Enjoy these petite cakes first thing in the morning or with your afternoon cuppa. Even better: they use pumpkin butter instead of a single tablespoon of the for-realz stuff or oil, making them a healthier treat. (via Serious Eats)
7. Pumpkin Spice Latte Donuts (Gluten-Free, Vegan): Soft, cake-like pumpkin donuts are topped with a slick of espresso frosting and a sprinkle of nutmeg to create the pastry equivalent of the PSL. All without a trace of dairy or gluten. (via Sarah Bakes Gluten-free Treats)
12. Pumpkin Oatmeal Smoothies: Turn the usual morning fruit smoothie and bowl of oatmeal on their heads by combining the two to create a creamy, filling and delicious breakfast shake. (via A Happy Food Dance)
17. Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pancakes (Gluten-Free): No long list of alternative flours here. These gluten-free pancakes come together in a flash and will certainly disappear just as quickly. (via See and Savor)
18. Pumpkin French Toast Roll-Ups: To create these roll-ups, slices of white bread are flattened, filled with pumpkin and cream cheese, then battered, fried ’til golden brown and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Talk about a decadent way to start your day! (via Simply Sated)
What’s your favorite pumpkin-y treat to start your day? Do you double down with something to sip on plus a snack, or stick to just one or the other? Let’s talk pumpkin in the comments!