I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to get into that fall feeling. The PSL is back and the autumn equinox will soon be here, so let’s get into the season a wee bit early (and add a new recipe to your Meatless Monday list) with this incredibly creamy, easy Pumpkin Pecan Pasta Recipe. It’s the perfect thing to warm your soul, and if you’re anything like me, satiate the never-ending cheese cravings. I mean, what’s not to love about cheesy pumpkin pasta?
- 16 ounces pasta noodles
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup pecans
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- Spice mix
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- parsley for garnish
- Prep your vegetables by dicing the onion and mincing the garlic.
- Add onion, garlic, vegetable broth, pumpkin puree, noodles, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and nutmeg to a medium-sized stock pot.
- Bring to a boil on medium/high heat while slowly stirring the ingredients together.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the pasta is simmering, crush and toast the pecans on a medium heat until they are lightly browned and fragrant.
- Once the noodles are cooked, stir in the cream cheese, butter and a handful of pecans, leaving some to garnish the dish. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, crushed, toasted pecans and enjoy!
Fall dinner perfection!
Follow us on Pinterest to check out some of our other fall recipe favorites.