Life can get pretty busy, and when it does, it helps to have a meal in the freezer that you can quickly heat and eat. But while there are plenty of gourmet microwave recipes out there (and PLENTY of options in the frozen food aisle), sometimes you want something with a little more pizzazz. And that’s where make-ahead meals come in. These quick and easy recipes range from freezer-friendly breakfasts to dinners… we’ve even included desserts. Here are 30 of our favorite make-ahead meals for when your time is precious but your tummy is growling.
2. Freezer Breakfast Burritos: These *insanely* delish breakfast burritos will keep you full all the way through lunch — and then some. They’re made with flour tortillas, eggs, refried beans, tater tots (yes, tater tots!), and cheddar cheese, among more goodies. (via Damn Delicious)
6. Cobb Salad Wraps: Packed with protein and TONS of flavor, these wraps are going to be your new workday go-to. Pro tip: If you’re going to make these ahead of time, thoroughly dry your lettuce and use only a light splash of dressing to prevent them from getting soggy. (via Living Well Kitchen)
7. Honey Sesame Chicken Lunch Bowls: Sure, honey sesame chicken is a frozen food staple. But you can make your meal much healthier and more wholesome by prepping it at home. (via Sweet Peas and Saffron)
8. Chilled Black Bean, Feta, and Cucumber Salad: Mason jar lunches are one of the most well-known ways to prep your meals. This particular salad (which is vegetarian, by the way) comes together in just 15 minutes and is packed with black beans, corn, cilantro, cucumber, celery, and other goodies. (via The Kitchn)
9. Roasted Sweet Potato Wraps With Caramelized Onions and Pesto: These delicious wraps do require a bit of up-front work since you have to roast the sweet potatoes and caramelize the onions. But once that’s all done, just reheat and enjoy in a flash. (via The Kitchn)
10. Homemade Hot Pockets: These freezer-friendly hot pockets are a healthy, homemade alternative to the store-bought classic. They’re made with familiar ingredients you probably already have on hand, like mozzarella cheese, olive oil, flour, ham, and pepperoni. (via Happy Money Saver)
13. Tofu Chickpea Stir-Fry With Tahini Sauce: Calling all vegans. This plant-based stir fry is actually a protein bowl in disguise, boasting plant-based protein sources like tofu and chickpeas. (via The Kitchn)
14. Orzo With Butternut Squash, Spinach, and Blue Cheese: To prep this meal ahead of time, roast your squash whenever you have down time and then warm it up when you’re ready to chow down. The pasta itself cooks within minutes, so just add your squash and veggies on top and you’ll be good to go. (via The Kitchn)
17. Freezer-Friendly Baked Ziti: This rich and cheesy baked ziti can be stored in the freezer. Pro tip: If you don’t have a fitted lid for your casserole dish, you can cover it with a layer of plastic wrap followed by a layer of tin foil. (via I Wash You Dry)
18. Easy Creamy Tuna Casserole: Tuna casserole is one of those retro dishes your grandma used to make. And, bonus, it’s packed with super-affordable ingredients, making this a budget-friendly option. (via An Italian in My Kitchen)
19. Twice-Baked Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potatoes: For a flavor-packed dinner that’s easy to make ahead of time, try these Buffalo-flavored chicken-stuffed sweet potatoes. They’re loaded with Greek yogurt, blue cheese, celery, onion, and other goodies for ULTIMATE flavor. (via The Creative Bite)
24. Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Shells: Stuffed shells are basically the quintessential make-ahead dinner idea. And this easy recipe combines the flavors of broccoli and chicken to delicious effect. (via Kylee Cooks)
28. Clinkers Slice: Dessert bars like this clinkers slice are the perfect candidates for freezing ahead of time. And, bonus, this recipe also happens to require absolutely no baking. (via Bake Play Smile)
29. Melt and Mix Triple Chocolate Brownies: This unique brownie recipe requires you to melt some chocolate, mix it together, and then bake it into some INSANELY chocolatey brownies. (via Bake Play Smile)
Follow us on Pinterest for more quick-and-easy meal ideas!