12 Long-Haired Styles That Take 10 Minutes or Less
Girls, we all have those well-intentioned mornings when we just don’t save enough time for appropriate hair care. And us long-haired ladies know we have a lot of real estate to take care of in a short period of time. These 12 hairstyles all take under 10 minutes, and will knock all those Monday morning blues right to the curb! You can strut your stuff any morning, whether you’re sporting second-day hair, long hair, I-just-woke-up-hair or all of the above!
4. Caterpillar Ponytail: Try this twist on the traditional ponytail! Just do a sleek ponytail, then add elastic bands three inches apart along the pony. Loosen the hair in between the elastic bands to create the poof look. (via Brit + Co)
5. Fake Bangs: This look is a great way to change up your regular look! Just section off the front of your hair, twist and secure with bobby pins. At the end, stick on a beanie! Perfect for a Saturday! (via Brit + Co)
6. Thick Braid: This chic braid is totally doable for all you French braid gurus. Backcomb the top of your ‘do to create tons of volume, then start French braiding. Not a French-braider? No problem! Finish the look off with a traditional braid. (via Cosmopolitan)
7. Space Age Pony: This look is easy-peasy to pull off. After you smooth and fasten your ponytail, add an elastic band two inches down the ponytail, then repeat with a third band. Ta-da! (via Brit + Co)
9. Faux Shaved Head: We are loving this take on the side shave. Create a dramatic part (with 3/4ths of your hair on one side), then braid away! We recommend a French braid or Dutch braid, but a traditional braid will also give a similar effect! (via Kouture Kiss)
10: Pony Twist: How fun is this look?! All you do is divide your hair in half, tie your hair in a knot and pull tight! After pinning the knot to your head, you’re finished! The best part? Not only can you rock this when you’re lacking an elastic band, it works best with dirty hair! (via Irrelephant)
11. Criss-Cross Hair: This is a great variation to the classic half-up ponytail, and it’s just as easy as it looks. Just grab a section of hair, pull it to the opposite side and pin. Repeat four-to-five times. (via Good Housekeeping)
12. Topknot: This roundup would not be complete without a topknot! All you need is a bobby pin and a hair tie. Twist your hair into a ponytail, then form your ponytail into a bun and fasten! This look takes less than a minute! Also try the low bun! (via The Freckled Fox)
Love these 10-minute ‘dos? Which will you try in the morning? Tell us in the comment below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)