What to Make This Weekend: Rainbow Stationery, Pom Pom Headband + More
Considering Coachella has finally arrived, it’s pretty certain you’re going to be seeing a lot inspiring festival trends, boho hairstyles and oh-so-many party snaps. If you’re skipping the music festival scene this weekend (be that regrettably or by choice), log in some quality DIY time instead and check out these awesome projects. From killer Mother’s Day gift ideas to colorful kitchen accessories, here are 13 projects to tackle before Monday’s all-too-soon return.
1. DIY Pom Pom Headband: Step aside flower crowns, it’s all about the pom pom power this year. Whether you’re festival bound or just enjoying tunes in your own backyard, this pom pom headband will give your spring OOTD some serious flair. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Rainbow Edge Stationery: Use a makeup sponge to get that soft, ombre rainbow look all around the edge of your envelopes and stationery. Bring snail mail back in style and put a couple of these beauties in the post. Everyone deserves something a little more colorful in their mail than bills, right? (via Studio DIY)
3. DIY Painted Bookshelves: If your #shelfie game is looking a little bleak, it’s time to inject some color into the scene. A bit of bright color can add a lot of depth to a room, and painting the back panels of a bookcase will make the objects on each shelf really pop. (via Brit + Co)
4. DIY Monstera Palm Leaf Resin Tray: Add some greenery into your kitchen without, you know, actually having to worry about anything alive. The monstera leaves add a tropical vibe for fab outdoor entertaining or for a stylish new accessory on your bar cart. (via I Spy DIY)
5. DIY Leather Tassel: Head to the hardware store and stock up on these little copper tubes because you’re going to want to make a bunch of these. These tassels are gorgeous on their own as a keychain, or you can double them up and hang them on your purse. (via Brit + Co)
6. DIY IKEA Desk Hack: Use a few different IKEA parts to hack one terrific desk. Add a new pair of sexy legs to take away some of the bulk and make them fit better in your workspace. (via Lovely Indeed)
7. Painted Ombre Wood Spoons: You don’t need a lot of time, supplies or skill to make these pretty wooden spoons. Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and a colorful set of spoons is a great gift idea for the best cook you know. (via A Burst of Beautiful)
8. DIY No-Sew Canteen: When you’re cheering on your favorite bands at Coachella, it’s easy to forget about staying hydrated. Fortunately, this colorful canteen is stylish enough that it won’t detract from your outfit, so you can keep your water bottle on hand. (via Brit + Co)
9. IKEA Hack Cupcake Stand: These adorable mini cupcake stands are just the thing for your next bridal party or baby shower. Best of all, you can make them in under a minute and for less than $2. (via Paper & Stitch)
10. Pom Pom Picture Frames: You’ll want to pom-ify every frame in the house with this easy DIY. Instead of painting your picture frames, bring on the color with a mini pom pom trim that you can easily customize to match the artwork. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
11. DIY Hanging Storage Bag: It doesn’t matter how big your desk is, there is never enough storage for all your craft and stationery supplies. This hanging storage bag is the perfect organizer for paintbrushes, washi tape and everything else cluttering up your desk. (via Brit + Co)
12. DIY Paper Flower Bells: Make these gorgeous crepe paper flowers as a centerpiece for your next party or just to add some color to your bedroom. The only thing better than a bouquet of fresh flowers is a bouquet that never dies. (via The House That Lars Built)
13. DIY Embroidered Scarf: Scarves are always a great go-to gift idea, but sometimes you just need to add that personalized touch, like a special quote or embroidered hearts. Take your Mother’s Day scarf to a new level with three different options to customize that store-bought scarf. (via Brit + Co)
What are you crafting this weekend? Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)