15 Hassle-Free Meals for New Parents
Whether your friends or family are first-time parents or old pros, welcoming a(nother) kid to the mix is a big undertaking. Help them out by loading up their freezer with a few of these 15 made-from-scratch meals. Packed with fabulous flavors and a ton of comfort, your thoughtfulness will definitely be appreciated during those first sleepless nights. These delicious meals are perfect for anyone who needs a little hassle-free homemade meal action in their life.
2. Chicken and Leek Pot Pies: Topped with flaky puff pastry, these pot pies are way better than the frozen kind you can buy at the store. Leeks, bacon and chicken thighs team up to create a filling that’s irresistible despite its simplicity. (via Really Pretty Useful)
3. Roasted Chicken + Smoked Gouda Enchiladas: Just about any tray of enchiladas can be made ahead of time and popped in the oven when dinnertime rolls around, but a tangy, roasted tomatillo-cranberry sauce sets these apart from the rest. (via Half Baked Harvest)
5. Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos: It couldn’t be much easier to roll up a big batch of these chicken taquitos. Save some for your freezer to make your next Super Bowl snack spread a winner. (via Our Best Bites)
6. Big Ol’ Batch of Buttermilk Belgian Waffles: You can never have too many waffles. Pop a few in the toaster for an easy meal or late-night snack that comes together in a snap. (via Pineapple and Coconut)
8. Chicken Suiza Pasta Bake: This creamy, cheesy and dreamy pasta may be far from healthy, but one thing’s for sure: It knows how to pile each plate high with comfort. It’s also a great way to use up that one last cup of sour cream. (via Erica’s Recipes)
10. Mexican Lasagna: When lasagna and enchiladas meet, they create this fab casserole. Layers of whole wheat tortillas, veggies and chicken keep things on the healthier side, though it tastes anything but. (via Fabtastic Eats)
11. Easy Bolognese: No one needs to know just how easy this meat sauce is to prepare. The flavors suggest that you spent all day stirring a pot on the stove, but in reality, it’s ready in less than an hour. (via The Cooking Doctor)
15. Individual Warm Cinnamon Roll Bites: Recipients will love that these homemade cinnamon bun bites are as easy to make as those from a can. They’ll simply need to pop ’em out of the freezer and into a hot oven. (via Seasons and Suppers)
Which of these meals would make your day? Share your fave freezer-ready recipes with us below!