29 Enchilada Recipes That ARE the Whole Enchilada
Enchiladas are always a terrific choice, whether you’re trying to cure a hangover, simply looking for a tasty alternative to tacos or, if you’re a San Francisco Giants fan, rallying behind your team in the postseason. These 29 tasty enchilada recipes rock no matter how you roll (or stack, or make a casserole out of) ’em. Go ahead and wash them down with a margarita to make a totally winning meal.
2. Cheese Enchilada Salad With Creamy Cilantro Dressing: The addition of a couple cheese enchiladas drizzled with an amazing herbal dressing is one surefire way to boost up a boring ol’ bowl of lettuce! (via My California Kitchen)
3. Beer Braised Chicken Enchiladas With Beer Mole: Beer and enchiladas always make an excellent pairing, so it totally makes sense that beer in them works just as well. Using a stout with chocolatey notes enhances the mole’s flavor big time! (via The Beeroness)
6. Potato, Poblano and Chard Enchiladas With Raw and Roasted Salsa Verde: Poblanos and homemade salsa verde add some punch to these perfect-for-winter enchiladas. You’ll find yourself with a half bunch of leftover chard, but don’t worry, we have you covered with a few more recipes that’ll use it up. (via Katie at the Kitchen Door)
11. Skinny Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Enchiladas: Stuffed with seasoned beans and scrambled egg whites, and enhanced by a couple yolks and cheese, this is a healthy, practically hands-off way to serve up huevos rancheros for a crowd. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
12. 30-minute Enchilada Skillet Lasagna: Simply fold together a creamy, homemade enchilada sauce with sautéed veggies, beans, herbs and whole wheat pasta, and you’ll be enjoying a dish of this comforting skillet casserole in no time at all. (via Veggie and the Beast)
16. Sweet Potato, Red Bean + Kale Enchiladas: Oh boy, topped with a bright combo of smoky sweet pepper sauce and a coriander chimichurri, it’s clear that these are no ordinary enchiladas! (via Veggie Num Num)
19. Classic Chicken Enchiladas: The homemade sauce mixed in with shredded, poached chicken and poured over these enchiladas is not to be missed. And guess what? It’s incredibly easy to make! (via Cooking for Keeps)
21. Cheesy Sweet and Sour Pomegranate Thai Chicken Enchiladas: Pomegranate juice is the secret behind creating a sweet-sour sauce for these unique enchiladas that are sure to disappear in a flash. (via Half Baked Harvest)
23. Roasted Hatch Chile + Chicken Enchiladas: Greek yogurt pulls double duty in the sauce for these chicken and cheese-filled rollups, both tempering the heat of hatch chiles and lending it a lovely bit of creaminess. (via Jason and Shawnda)
28. Chicken Enchiladas With Pumpkin Cream Sauce: These savory pumpkin enchiladas are a terrific way to celebrate fall and use up that last half cup of leftover pumpkin puree in the fridge. (via Cheeky Kitchen)
What’s your favorite way to enjoy enchiladas? Share your favorite fillings (and more!) with us below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)