29 Enchilada Recipes That ARE the Whole Enchilada
Enchiladas are always a terrific choice, whether you’re trying to cure a hangover, simply looking for a tasty alternative to tacos or, if you’re a San Francisco Giants fan, rallying behind your team in the postseason. These 29 tasty enchilada recipes rock no matter how you roll (or stack, or make a casserole out of) ’em. Go ahead and wash them down with a margarita to make a totally winning meal.
2. Cheese Enchilada Salad With Creamy Cilantro Dressing: The addition of a couple cheese enchiladas drizzled with an amazing herbal dressing is one surefire way to boost up a boring ol’ bowl of lettuce! (via My California Kitchen)
3. Beer Braised Chicken Enchiladas With Beer Mole: Beer and enchiladas always make an excellent pairing, so it totally makes sense that beer in them works just as well. Using a stout with chocolatey notes enhances the mole’s flavor big time! (via The Beeroness)
6. Potato, Poblano and Chard Enchiladas With Raw and Roasted Salsa Verde: Poblanos and homemade salsa verde add some punch to these perfect-for-winter enchiladas. You’ll find yourself with a half bunch of leftover chard, but don’t worry, we have you covered with a few more recipes that’ll use it up. (via Katie at the Kitchen Door)
11. Skinny Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Enchiladas: Stuffed with seasoned beans and scrambled egg whites, and enhanced by a couple yolks and cheese, this is a healthy, practically hands-off way to serve up huevos rancheros for a crowd. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
12. 30-minute Enchilada Skillet Lasagna: Simply fold together a creamy, homemade enchilada sauce with sautéed veggies, beans, herbs and whole wheat pasta, and you’ll be enjoying a dish of this comforting skillet casserole in no time at all. (via Veggie and the Beast)
16. Sweet Potato, Red Bean + Kale Enchiladas: Oh boy, topped with a bright combo of smoky sweet pepper sauce and a coriander chimichurri, it’s clear that these are no ordinary enchiladas! (via Veggie Num Num)
19. Classic Chicken Enchiladas: The homemade sauce mixed in with shredded, poached chicken and poured over these enchiladas is not to be missed. And guess what? It’s incredibly easy to make! (via Cooking for Keeps)
21. Cheesy Sweet and Sour Pomegranate Thai Chicken Enchiladas: Pomegranate juice is the secret behind creating a sweet-sour sauce for these unique enchiladas that are sure to disappear in a flash. (via Half Baked Harvest)
23. Roasted Hatch Chile + Chicken Enchiladas: Greek yogurt pulls double duty in the sauce for these chicken and cheese-filled rollups, both tempering the heat of hatch chiles and lending it a lovely bit of creaminess. (via Jason and Shawnda)
28. Chicken Enchiladas With Pumpkin Cream Sauce: These savory pumpkin enchiladas are a terrific way to celebrate fall and use up that last half cup of leftover pumpkin puree in the fridge. (via Cheeky Kitchen)
What’s your favorite way to enjoy enchiladas? Share your favorite fillings (and more!) with us below.