10 Ways Romy and Michele’s Bold Style Is Still Everything
Twenty years ago today, the cult classic Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion was unleashed unto the world, changing our (and Art Fry, the inventor of Post-Its’) lives forever. Full of hilarious one-liners (“Do you have some sort of… businesswoman special?”), and bold fashion choices that made us sit up and take note, Romy (Mira Sorvino) and Michele (Lisa Kudrow) were pure ‘90s perfection. Today, we’re tipping our hats to the dynamic duo with 10 looks that still hold up — and how you can shop their style. Check out our picks below!
1. Tobi Asking for a Dance Bodycon Dress ($68): This modern take on Michele’s reunion dress ditches the maribou in favor of cutouts, but the tight, sleeveless shape and shiny pink holographic fabric remains the same. (Photo via Touchstone)
2. Coquetery Clothing Tsunami Sparkle Holograph Fit & Flare Dress ($40): Calling all space cadets: The new-age print of this handmade Lycra dress is all you’ll need to emulate Romy’s Judy Jetson, intergalactic vibes at the big high school reunion. (Photo via Touchstone)
3. Mango Vinyl Bomber ($80): ‘80s vinyl is making a comeback, and we’re not talking records (though those are coming around again too), making Romy’s red vinyl jacket a definite do. Throw it on over a leopard top like she did for a sassy look that will have you saying, “[I’ve] never looked cuter.” (Photo via Touchstone)
4. Azbro Fashion Bow Tie Denim Miniskirt ($22): Denim miniskirts are also back in a big way (just ask Khloé Kardashian), so a version of Michele’s blue tie-waist mini will have you right on trend. (Photo via Touchstone Pictures)
5. Milanoo Ankle Strap Chunky Heel Laser Shoes ($40): The sky’s the limit in these holographic purple platforms that have us flashing back to the movie’s poster. (Photo via Touchstone Pictures)
6. Tahari ASL Pintucked Peplum Skirt Suit ($280): Wear power red for important moments, like a job interview. At least you’ll look in control, even if you make a major misstep, like insulting your potential employer’s clients as Michele did at Versace. (Photo via Touchstone Pictures)
7. Forever 21 Bodycon Mini Dress ($10): Slip into a bodycon peach mini dress that will turn just as many heads as Romy did when she negotiated her and Michele’s ride to the reunion. (Photo via Touchstone Pictures)
8. Idahoreds 1940s Cherry Necklace ($32): This Michele-approved accessory comes in various chain colors and is handmade in the UK to resemble accessories seen long before Romy and Michele’s time. (Photo via pbiasizzo/Youtube)
9. Queen of Hearts Playing Card Logo Wonderland Crop Top ($9): Romy makes even mundane tasks like laundry look stylish with a little help from a card-print logo crop, and you can score a similar, machine washable (see what we did there?) style for less than $10. (Photo via Touchstone)
10. GaussHaus Kissing Lips Scarf ($15): If you’re suddenly feeling the urge to start folding scarves after rewatching the film, we’ve got just the pick: This handmade rayon and cotton flannel lip print option is a near dead-ringer for the one Michele wore as a headscarf during the gals’ road trip. (Photo via Touchstone Pictures)
Which Romy and Michele-inspired look was your fave? Tell us over @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photo via Touchstone Pictures/Handout/Getty)