19 Rose-Scented Beauty Products You’ll Need This Spring
If there’s one thing we love more than pretty product packaging (try saying that three times fast), it’s products that leave us smelling amazing. To us, there’s no scent more universally beloved than the smell of roses. You can mist it on your hair, swipe it on your lips or, like Kim KW, use it to cleanse your skin. Not only will you smell great, but rosewater is also a naturally moisturizing ingredient, making it the perfect post-winter pick-me-up for your skin. With spring just around the corner, we’re sharing our favorite rose-scented beauty buys for every beauty need.
1. AERIN Beauty Rose Lip Conditioner ($28): Between the intensive skin conditioners and calming rose scent, this AERIN lip conditioner will quickly become a staple in your everyday beauty routine.
2. Aesop Damascan Rose Facial Treatment ($75): This facial treatment is the perfect solution for dry winter skin. With a blend of 10 plant extracts, this sweet-smelling treatment provides maximum hydration.
3. The Body Shop Wild Rose Hand Cream ($10): Use this hand cream daily for a rose hip oil moisture boost that will help even out your skin tone.
4. Chloé Roses De Chloé ($120): Chloé’s signature eau de toilette blends notes of white musk, amber and heart of Damascena rose essence for a delicate floral scent that will linger all day long.
5. Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist ($18): Calming rose extracts help this mist balance pH levels for the perfect mid-day refresher for your skin.
6. Korres Wild Rose Daily Brightening & Refining Buff Cleanser ($28): Korres’ exfoliant is gentle enough to be used every day to help uncover smooth, luminous, sweet-smelling skin.
7. L’Occitane Rose Aurore Radiant Hand Cream ($21): For beautiful hands that are soft to the touch, use this hand cream, which has the added bonus of smelling like delicate white roses.
8. Olivine Atelier Love + Roses Beauty Mist ($36): A beauty mist that can be used to refresh your hair, makeup and skin all while smelling like thousands of rose petals? We’ll take ALL the bottles.
9. LUSH Rose Jam Shower Gel: Begin moisturizing in the shower with this indulgent rose and lemon-scented shower gel that will leave your skin ultra hydrated.
11. L’Occitane Shea Butter Ultra Soft Creme – Rose Hart ($26): Your skin will never feel softer than after using this body cream. It’s rich enough to soothe dry skin while its light texture helps to absorb quickly.
12. Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater ($7): The rosewater in this facial spray will help rejuvenate dry, dehydrated skin and set your makeup for a budge-free look.
13. Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask ($45): Counteract signs of aging with this cooling gel that uses rose stem cells blended with rose extracts to repair fine lines and wrinkles.
14. REN Moroccan Rose Otto Bath Oil ($48): After a long, hard day, nothing will feel better than a warm bath with this soothing rose bath oil.
15. Smith’s Rosebud Salve ($6): There’s a reason this lip balm is a cult favorite among beauty pros and novices alike. Its light brush of color looks perfect on every skin tone, while the rich moisturizers keep your lips smooth for hours.
16. Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Cleansing Gel ($38): Fight a dull complexion with this rose stem cell cleansing gel. The light touch of the rosewater will have your skin looking and feeling clean and rejuvenated.
17. SU:M37 Cleansing Stick ($32): A cleansing stick may be a foreign concept, but just one swipe from this SU:M37 stick will turn you into a convert. This cleanser is packed with coconut oil, camellia oil and rose petals for a formula that leaves your face clean, refreshed and smelling great.
18. Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner ($10): Toner is that magical beauty buy that falls in between a cleanser and a moisturizer. Not only is Thayer’s toner non-drying, but the rose petal water makes each swipe of this product incredibly soothing on your face.
19. By Terry Refreshing Cleansing Gel ($52): Kim K mentioned this as one of the many beauty products in her routine, and for good reason. This rose-scented gel works to gently dissolve makeup and any traces of pollution to leave your skin clean, toned and luminous.
Have you tried any rose-scented beauty products that didn’t make our list? Let us know in the comments below!
Getting the word out about your brand takes time, drive, and ingenuity. And it doesn't come easy for many entrepreneurs. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're chatting with Selfmade alum Taylor Morgan McPherson, founder of Sustainable Sparkle Bar, about ways in which she scored press as a solo startup brand and what she learned from Selfmade to take her brand marketing up a notch.
B + C: How did you know Sustainable Sparkle Bar was your business to start?
Glitter has always been my thing, so when I started my event company I decided to make it my niche. I started telling people I threw glitter-themed parties where people would get sparkled with glitter body art and makeup. Six months after that I applied to my first festival and to work with SUR restaurant in West Hollywood.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
I honestly can't say that I've had a specific strategy that I've followed when it comes to getting my business off the ground. I have a PR background so I was just constantly pitching new business and posting on social media.
B + C: What's the biggest challenge you face as a small business owner?
I would say creating a stable income and revenue stream. With a seasonal, event-based business it can be very up and down.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
The relationships I made and the push to start an email database.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I love what I do and I believe in myself 100%. Staying motivated isn't the hard part. Pushing myself to do the work and staying accountable is the hard part.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip? Do you use any apps that help you manage your business?
I keep multiple to-do lists, hand-written and digital. I also tell clients and partners that I will have something to them by a certain time or day so I have to stick to it.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Just do it, take the leap. And don't worry about what anyone else says to thinks.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Issa Rae, I'm so inspired by everything that she's created being a creative and a black woman. It's my dream to have my own show one day based on my life and where I give advice and talk about the world. She's doing it and making people laugh and giving people joy. And it's based in LA. Watching Insecure only further cemented my dreams of wanting to live in LA.
B + C: How did you hear about the Office Depot scholarship?
One of my friends that I met through Camp No Counselors saw an IG ad for it and nominated me.
B + C: What has receiving the scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start/grow your business?
It's completely helped me level up and take my business to another level. Selfmade helped me host my first virtual event and taught me how to set up my website to sell tickets to events and get RSVPs.
B + C: How have Office Depot services or products helped you accomplish more in your business?
I got new cards to send in all of my orders with my discount code on them. I also bought a really cool 4K camera that I now use for my social media.
Let Office Depot OfficeMax help you stand out in the crowd. From signs, posters & banners to promote your business, to marketing materials to keep your customers informed, Office Depot OfficeMax offers a full suite of business services & solutions to help you & your business get noticed.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.