It’s a well-known fact that we have all fallen victim to a fashion trend (or faux pas) at some point or another. One high-profile trend on the rise is the iconic, slightly infamous, totally beloved Birkenstock. From the runway to the streets, fashionable “It Girls” everywhere have been spotted wearing these comfy, frumpy slides. You know what they say, if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em! If you’ve ever been on the fence about all this Birkenstock-hoopla, then these 14 Birk-inspired sandals are about to change that.
1. Coming Up Roses Sandal ($165): Just when you thought Birkenstock-inspired sandals would be anything but girly, we uncover this seriously rad pair. The graphic rose print is mesmerizing — sign us up!
2. Bali Footbed ($68): Channel your inner artist with these two-strap cork sandals. Complete with all the bells and whistles — embroidered tapestry and metallic sequins — the only thing missing is a pair of paint-splattered boyfriend jeans.
3. Muyil Slides ($109): Say hello to the Birkenstock alter ego. These slides are a refined version of the classic two-strap sandal. To up the cool-factor, pair them with a gauzy white maxi skirt and hit the beach!
4. Paz Two Strap Sandal ($150): When zebra-printed calf hair meets metallic pebbled leather, you get one seriously cool pair of slides. Birkenstock, who?!
5. Joss White ($89): To say these white thong sandals with lace-up detailing are exquisite would be the understatement of the century. They’re so pretty that (dare we say it) they could serve as the perfect modern day wedding sandal.
8. Luke Crisscross Slide Sandal ($158): If you’ve ever yearned for that effortless-cool-without-trying look, then say no more. These metallic leather and crisscross strapped sandals are undeniably glam and minimalist.
9. Ace Slide Sandal ($80): These spiked slide sandals really speak for themselves. Outrageous (and potentially dangerous), yes… but why not?
12. Y.R.U. Isis Caged Sandal ($85): Literally a mirror image of Birkenstock’s Chania Caged Leather sandal, these gladiators are just as fierce.
14. Lisbon Embellished Sandals ($101): Studs and rhinestones come together to form the prettiest floral pattern we ever did see! For some serious bohemian styling, slide these on with a floral maxi and you’re in business.
Yay or nay? Which Birkenstock-inspired sandal are you going to test run this summer? Leave a comment below!