14 Birkenstock-Inspired Sandals Even Better Than the Original
It’s a well-known fact that we have all fallen victim to a fashion trend (or faux pas) at some point or another. One high-profile trend on the rise is the iconic, slightly infamous, totally beloved Birkenstock. From the runway to the streets, fashionable “It Girls” everywhere have been spotted wearing these comfy, frumpy slides. You know what they say, if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em! If you’ve ever been on the fence about all this Birkenstock-hoopla, then these 14 Birk-inspired sandals are about to change that.
1. Coming Up Roses Sandal ($165): Just when you thought Birkenstock-inspired sandals would be anything but girly, we uncover this seriously rad pair. The graphic rose print is mesmerizing — sign us up!
2. Bali Footbed ($68): Channel your inner artist with these two-strap cork sandals. Complete with all the bells and whistles — embroidered tapestry and metallic sequins — the only thing missing is a pair of paint-splattered boyfriend jeans.
3. Muyil Slides ($109): Say hello to the Birkenstock alter ego. These slides are a refined version of the classic two-strap sandal. To up the cool-factor, pair them with a gauzy white maxi skirt and hit the beach!
4. Paz Two Strap Sandal ($150): When zebra-printed calf hair meets metallic pebbled leather, you get one seriously cool pair of slides. Birkenstock, who?!
5. Joss White ($89): To say these white thong sandals with lace-up detailing are exquisite would be the understatement of the century. They’re so pretty that (dare we say it) they could serve as the perfect modern day wedding sandal.
8. Luke Crisscross Slide Sandal ($158): If you’ve ever yearned for that effortless-cool-without-trying look, then say no more. These metallic leather and crisscross strapped sandals are undeniably glam and minimalist.
9. Ace Slide Sandal ($80): These spiked slide sandals really speak for themselves. Outrageous (and potentially dangerous), yes… but why not?
12. Y.R.U. Isis Caged Sandal ($85): Literally a mirror image of Birkenstock’s Chania Caged Leather sandal, these gladiators are just as fierce.
14. Lisbon Embellished Sandals ($101): Studs and rhinestones come together to form the prettiest floral pattern we ever did see! For some serious bohemian styling, slide these on with a floral maxi and you’re in business.
Yay or nay? Which Birkenstock-inspired sandal are you going to test run this summer? Leave a comment below!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.