10 Easy Back-to-School Hair Tutorial Videos You Need
Most mornings, we’re forced to choose between doing our makeup or doing our hair. Whether you’ve hit the snooze button one too many times or completely missed the wakeup call altogether, getting your hair and makeup game on point for school when you’re running late is no easy task. Thankfully, YouTube is practically candy land for those looking for hair tutorials in a jiffy. While there are many amazing YouTubers out there giving stellar hair advice, we’re sharing a cheat-sheet of 10 of the best back-to-school looks for the upcoming academic year. Scroll on and get ready to start taking notes on these hairstyles.
1. Five Easy Heatless Hairstyles for Work + School by Danielle Mansutti: This easy-peasy video is going to give you some seriously stylish tresses for your first days back at school. We’re giving major bonus points since you can rock a different style for each day of the school week. (via Danielle Mansutti)
3. Four Cute Back-to-School Hairstyles: Roxi’s tutorials are all about ease, simplicity and pretty details. While these specific styles may seem geared for those with longer hair, they’re actually totally adaptable if you’re rockin’ a long bob or other medium-length cut. (via by Roxxsaurus)
4. Four Hairstyles for Short/Medium Hair: Edwards’s tutorial features her creating gorgeous looks on her sister’s natural, medium-length hair. Even if you don’t have a hair-whiz older sis, we’re betting you can totally accomplish these looks on your own. (via Chime Edwards)
5. Running Late for School: Quick Hair Fixes, Makeup + Outfit Ideas: Mota is, without a doubt, one of YouTube’s most well-known beauty vloggers. Her bubbly personality makes her incredibly likable, but hey, she’s also awesome at beauty advice. These hairstyles are super simple, cute and fast— exactly what you need! (via Bethany Mota)
6. Five Insanely Easy Back-to-School Hairstyles + Outfits: Sierra’s tutorial was made for ladies who love accessorizing their hairstyles. Whether it’s a sparkling headband or a floppy hat, if you’re looking to add quick detail to your school look, this tutorial is the one for you. (via SierraMarieMakeup)
7. 14 Easy Heatless Hairstyles: Adela is able to incorporate a whopping 14 hairstyles into this video. Since there is no voiceover throughout the vid, you may need to rewatch it a few times, but there’s a lot of inspiration in this super quick vlog. (via Adela)
8. From Flat to Defined: Wash ‘n’ Go Curly Hair Routine: If voluminous curly hair is what you’re hunting for, then Estefani has the tutorial for you. Her incredible curls are totally envy-worthy, and she’s thankfully gracious enough to spill her secrets to you. (via Much More Than Beauty)
9. How To: Quick + Easy Hairstyles: Of course, we had to include YouTube guru and uber-successful author Zoella! Her tutorial is geared for those days when you’re running late but still want to add a little umph to your look. She moves through updos, half-up top knots and braids seamlessly, so you won’t be stuck with the same look two times in a row. (via Zoella)
10. Back-to-School: Five Quick No-Heat Hairstyle Ideas: Here’s the thing: The last thing most of us need when getting ready is someone recommending we curl or blow out our locks. This braid-heavy video skips the heat, leaving you a few more minutes to snooze in bed. (via Bethany Mota)
Do you have any staple back-to-school hairstyles? Let us know in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.