The 36 Best Hair Tutorials of 2014
True, we’re known to have a thing for the messy bun, but when it comes to our daily hair routines, we tend to go the extra mile (it’s the DIYers in us). The proof is in the tutorials — we’ve made about 36 of ’em this year that take you through fun and easy ways to style your locks step-by-step. Not only did we hit on all the biggest hair trends of 2014, from nailing the fishtail braid to adding pops of pastel color, no stylist required, but we also took the top celebrity hairstyles from the red carpet to your very own vanity mirror, and broke down what it takes to look like an A-lister when you’re pressed for time (try 10 minutes to spare). Here, we’re sharing those hair hacks plus a handful of hair how-tos from around the web in our year-end celebration of the best hair DIYs of 2014, a compilation best read through with a brush and a few bobby pins in hand.
8. How to Smooth Your Split Ends: Split ends don’t wait for your schedule to clear to go completely haywire. Smooth ’em down with this 15-minute hack until you can dedicate an hour to your stylist. (via Brit + Co)
13. How to Style Your Long Bangs: Stop with the side sweep already. These three hairstyles will get that overgrown fringe out of your face *and* make the rest of your mane look stellar in the process. Win-win! (via Brit + Co)
OFF THE RED CARPET
18. Get Emma Watson’s Dramatic Deep Side Part: Textured hair looks majorly romantic tousled over a deep side part. Get Emma’s premiere look here (and learn how to boost your brows to match). (via Brit + Co)
23. Get Sandra Bullock’s Glamour Waves: Get ready for your close up with this timeless hairstyle that has you pinning your cascading curls to one side. Talk about a beyond glamorous statement. (via Brit + Co)
29. Style Your Hair Like a French Girl: Sometimes you *do* want to look as effortless as your hair hack. Channel your inner French girl with this ultra chic roll that only takes 60 seconds to pin in place. Merci beaucoup indeed! (via Treasures & Travels)
31. 8 *More* Ways to Braid: And just in case you just can’t get enough of Pinterest-worthy plaits, here are eight more ways to add braids to your ‘do. Trust us, you’ll want to try them all! (via Brit + Co)
32. Toss Up the Big Top Knot: Sarah Hyland solidified the mondo top knot as one of this year’s supreme styles. Learn how to twist up your locks into a pretty-messy roll with this tutorial. (via What I Wore)
FORMAL FETE HAIR
Which of your bookmarked DIY hair tutorials did you *actually* do the most this year? Tell us which style you want to see broken down step-by-step for 2015 in the comments below.