13 Smashed Potato Recipes That Make a *Perf* Spring BBQ Side
Potatoes are *almost* a perfect food. They’re delicious and satisfying in every form, from mashed potatoes to fried latkes to potato soup. But when you’re looking for the quickest and easiest cooking method that doesn’t skimp on tastiness, you can’t do better than smashed potatoes — there’s zero peeling and very little prep involved. The low-maintenance crowd-pleaser is perfect for outdoor springtime get-togethers, when you’d rather mingle than spend all day in the kitchen. Here are 13 smashed potato recipes that deliver all the crispy tater goodness you crave, with minimal effort.
1. Crispy Smashed Potatoes With Pink Tahini Sauce: The nutty tahini sauce on these potatoes is pink perfection, thanks to a secret ingredient: beets. The gorgeous presentation makes these perfect for a special-occasion brunch, like Mother’s Day or a bridal shower. (via Nutritional Foodie)
2. Crispy Greek Smashed Potatoes: This Mediterranean version features all the Greek flavors you love, in the form of a zesty lemon-garlic yogurt sauce, briny kalamata olives, and sweet tomatoes. Serve with burgers and grilled fruit for an easy-peasy warm-weather meal. (via Cooking for Keeps)
3. Smashed Sweet Potato Guacamole Bites: If you’re new to the combo of sweet potatoes and avocado, prepare to meet your new obsession. Salty bacon brings out the best in both. (via Running to the Kitchen)
4. Smashed Potatoes With Fresh Herbs and Blue Cheese: These crunchy-edged taters are dressed with blue cheese crumbles, chives, and thyme, giving every bite an extra-savory flavor. The browned edges are so crisp, it’s almost like eating French fries — but way healthier. (via Cake ‘n Knife)
5. Gouda Smashed Potatoes: This recipe calls for “steam in the bag” potatoes and comes together in less than 15 minutes. That dollop of ooey-gooey Gouda cheese will make them a real crowd pleaser at your next BBQ. (via A Cedar Spoon)
8. Crispy Oregano Smashed Potatoes With Feta and Lemon: You’ll find yourself coming back to this recipe time and again. While many recipes pair potatoes with rosemary, this one calls for oregano, which tastes out of this world in combo with feta and lemon. (via Half Baked Harvest)
9. Loaded Smashed Potato Skillet: These skillet taters are a one-pan wonder that can be baked in the oven or cooked to crisp perfection on the grill. They’re perfect for a quick weeknight side and weekend BBQ alike. (via Seasons and Suppers)
10. Garlic and Lemon Smashed Potatoes: The dollop of creamy goodness on top of these seasoned potatoes tastes just like sour cream, but it’s actually Greek yogurt. Healthy eaters for the win! (via Salt & Lavender)
11. Garlic Butter Smashed Sweet Potatoes With Parmesan Cheese: This combo of sweet potatoes and Parmesan cheese is INSANELY delish. Tangy grated cheese is exactly the salty note a grilled-to-a-crisp sweet potato needs. (via Cafe Delites)
13. Crispy Smashed Potatoes With Avocado Garlic Aioli: These potatoes are a little bit fancy-pants. Read: a delicately flavored garlic-aioli drizzle. Break out these babies when you’ve got a palate at your party you really want to impress. (via Oh She Glows)
If you’re always looking for tasty side dishes, follow us on Pinterest for more recipes.