The return of summer is basically an excuse to embrace a uniform of pool slides, beach bags, and playful shoulder tie tops on the reg, amirite? But don’t just stop there. You don’t have to soak up the rays in Santorini or explore the Amalfi Coast to invest in a collection of slay-worthy straw hats. Nor do you have to settle for a floppy version when you know a French Riviera-inspired boater hat is a better fit for your yachting party ways. Keep scrolling for 12 enviable straw hats (including fedoras, visors, and even reimagined baseball caps) that will have you channeling an out-of-office mentality like that. Summer awaits you, boo.
1. Kate Spade Tassel Backpack Sunhat ($168): What should accompany your favorite preppy shift dress come Sunday brunch? We thought you’d never ask. Get silly with this delightfully playful tassel-strewn hat that can be worn as a backpack or atop your head with the removable tassels dangling like earrings (hey, it’s the new thang).
2. Boden Sun Hat ($50): Find a straw sunhat that’s the equivalent of a color explosion… DONE.
3. Cult Gaia Alba Hat ($125): At this point, we pretty much expect everything from Cult Gaia to be a sartorial home run — and this ceaselessly chic Panama hat featuring a blush pink ribbon is no exception. Pair alongside an of-the-moment bamboo clutch (what else?!) for a vacay state of mind that never ends.
4. Free People Americana Color Block Visor ($28): Best be getting in on that RWB action now rather than later. Come Independence Day, this ‘murica-inspired straw visor will be in high demand.
5. Eugenia Kim Brigitte ($425): Give blogger babe Blair Eadie a run for her money with this Eugenia Kim straw hat that will have you living like a queen in the South of France.
6. ASOS Vacay Sequin Straw Hat ($29): Sorry, not sorry, but OOO means out-of-office. No voicemails, texts, or work calls, please. If this sequin embroidered straw hat doesn’t get the message across, then we don’t know what will.
7. Lack of Color The Paradiso ($60): We call dibs on this pretty ‘n’ pink straw boater hat that would look all sorts of dreamy with a retro gingham dress and backless mules. It’ll have you covered for anything from your grammy’s 80th birthday bash to a day at the races.
8. Hat Attack Perfect Mini Sunhat ($96): File this quirky straw sunhat under what to pack for an upcoming beach-cation, an outdoor concert, or even a Taco Tuesday outing.
9. Madewell Straw Baseball Cap ($32): Baseball games, a picnic in the park, strawberry picking — can you count the ways to style this borrowed-from-the-boys straw baseball cap? Bonus points: The blank slate gives you free rein to add on your own personal spin.
10. G. Viteri Saguaro Fedora ($118): Only a cool cat like yourself could rock this cactus-tastic fedora in the midst of a heat wave.
11. Scotch & Soda Fraying Straw Hat ($98): Since when did hanging by the tiki hut look this downright kewl? Equipped with a Hawaiian shirt and a fruity umbrella drink, this frayed edge hat will have you channeling your inner hula girl in no time.
12. W Concept Mesh Pearl Black Ribbon ($166): Wedding belles are ringing! Whether you’re the blushing bride-to-be or are serving up bridesmaid duties, this sophisticated hat with a mesh overlay and pearls won’t fail to lend an air of mystery to your wedding weekend getup.
What’s your summer hat personality? Follow us on Pinterest for more summer accessories to snag!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.