Make Braised Spare Ribs With Only 4 Ingredients!
Creating a satisfying dinner from your pantry can be simple and delicious by using Del Monte® garden-quality fruits and vegetables. That’s why we love this recipe for braised spare ribs that uses only four ingredients. Just grab a few pantry staples including Del Monte® sliced peaches and diced tomatoes, add some College Inn Beef broth and boneless pork spare ribs, and you’re done!
– 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork spare ribs
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 cup College Inn Beef Broth
– 1 can Del Monte Sliced Peaches, undrained
– 1 can Del Monte Diced Tomatoes, undrained
– Salt and pepper
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pot or dutch oven. Season pork with salt and pepper and add to the pot. Cook pork until browned, about 3-5 minutes per side.
2. Add broth, peaches, and tomatoes to the pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat until liquid is just simmering. Continue to cook until pork is tender when pierced with a fork, about 2-3 hours.
3. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Start by gathering your four ingredients.
Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pot or dutch oven. Add pork and cook until browned, about three to five minutes per side.
Once pork is browned, add beef broth followed by sliced peaches and diced tomatoes.
After adding the tomatoes, cover pot with lid and reduce heat so that the liquid is just simmering. Cook for two to three hours, or until pork is tender when pierced with a fork.
We like to serve our braised spare ribs on polenta. It’s so easy to make – Just buy one of those prepackaged tubes of pre-made polenta, add to a pan with a little water, and heat until soft and creamy.
Once pork is tender, remove from the sauce. Skim fat from the top of the sauce and cook until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened. Then add some sauce to your plate or on top of your polenta.
Plate pork on top of sauce and serve! Did we mention how much we love this tasty dish?!
What are your favorite simple and delicious dinner recipes? Let us know in the comments section below!
This series is brought to you in partnership with Del Monte®, growers of garden quality fruits and vegetables. With Del Monte, you’ll always have a garden in your pantry.