Forget Pumpkin, Here Are 22 Squash Recipes That Are Delish
With pumpkin spice mania in full force, many people often forget about pumpkin’s other delicious relatives in the winter squash family. Spaghetti squash, butternut squash, kabocha squash and even acorn or delicata squashes are just as versatile as pumpkin. Their rich and creamy flavors lend themselves to any dish, sweet or savory. Winter squashes are also great sources of potassium, vitamin C and are low in fat. Whip up one (or more!) of these delicious recipes to stay extra healthy and happy this season.
2. Roasted Butternut Squash Soup With Maple Candied Bacon: This silky, sweet, and salty soup is perfect for fall. It’s warm, cozy and bursting with flavor. Make a big batch for lunches all week long. (via Life Made Simple)
3. Paleo Breakfast Hash: Looking for a hearty breakfast that will fill you up for a great start to your day? Say hello to this paleo breakfast hash that is filling and flavorful (and a great way to use up leftover veggies). (via Real Simple Good)
4. Spaghetti Squash “Pasta”: There’s no way this can’t be delicious when tomato sauce and melty cheese is involved. If you’re following a Paleo or gluten-free diet, this “pasta” is for you. (via Brit + Co)
5. Roasted Spaghetti Squash With Mushrooms, Garlic and Sage: Here’s a flavorful side dish or gluten-free main dish that is comforting and healthy. You can keep it vegan or add grated Romano cheese to make it extra decadent. (via Feasting at Home)
9. Delicata Squash Risotto: The flavor of the roasted delicata squash with hints of caramelized roasted garlic, herbs of oregano, basil, parsley and rosemary is absolutely heavenly. Of coarse a dusting of Parm on top sweetens the deal. (via Sugar Love Spices)
10. Kabocha Squash Chocolate Chip Cake: Easy to make, healthy and filled with the nutty flavor we love in squash, this cake checks off all the boxes for our fall dessert list. (via Made in Our Kitchen)
11. Cider Braised Chicken With Butternut Squash: If you’re over pumpkin-flavored anything, you can still celebrate fall with apple cider. This hearty dish is offers the deliciousness you need for a date night after apple picking. (via How Sweet It Is)
12. Butternut Squash Chocolate Chip Cookies: You’ve probably seen a 101 pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipes this season, but how about one filled with squash? It’s creamy and sweet enough that you won’t need any added sugar. (via Edible Imagination)
13. Butternut Squash Macaroni and Cheese: Roasted squash, sharp cheddar cheese and plenty of caramelized onions make this a lightened-up mac ‘n’ cheese shine. It’s so good that you might have a hard time sharing. (via Eat First Worry Later)
14. Kabocha Squash Maple Oatmeal: This oatmeal is a creamy, autumnal, delicately sweet and aromatic breakfast. It’s full of nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese, fiber, potassium, magnesium and zinc to ward off colds and flus. (via This Runner’s Recipes)
15. Butternut Squash Apple Bruschetta: Butternut squash and apples are roasted in fall spices for a delicious twist on bruschetta, making this vegetarian recipe a must-have on your Thanksgiving menu. (via Whitney Bond)
16. BBQ Spaghetti Squash Pizza: Once you have barbecue pizza, you won’t want the traditional kind ever again. The addition of spaghetti squash makes it veggie heavy, which is *always* a good thing. (via She Likes Food)
17. Kabocha Squash Quinoa Bake With Brussels Sprouts and Pancetta: A very satisfying meal on its own, this bake makes a pretty epic side dish for almost any meat or fish. (via Domesticate ME!)
What’s your favorite way to eat winter squash? Let us know below in the comments.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)