20 Simple Twists on the Classic Strawberry Shortcake
Coming right up: Your must-try list of strawberry shortcake eats. The seeded berry season is about to descend upon us, and we’re celebrating with a party. A party with cake. We’re suckers for a good berry dessert, so here are 20 strawberry shortcake-inspired sweets that’ll satisfy your sweet tooth while the berries are at their best.
5. Glazed Donut Strawberry Shortcake: Found! The most genius twist on a strawberry shortcake. Is anyone not craving one of these berry-stuffed ‘nuts now that you know they’re a thing? (via Steak ‘n’ Potatoes Kinda Gurl)
8. White Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake: A light brown sugar pecan cake collides with white chocolate mousse and macerated strawberries to make one impressive sweet. A chef created this kicked-up cake to wow potential employers and climb the career ladder. It’s that good. (via Buttercream Blondie)
9. Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake Waffles: Here’s a way easy twist on the traditional berry cake. This waffle-cake is a lovely way to get your day started right, or ended right, or to make it right when things aren’t right, or… well, you get the picture. (via Keepin’ It Kind)
10. Strawberry Shortcake Rice Krispie Treats: So, you want to whip up something sweet, but you’ve got no time to actually cook anything. We feel ya. Don’t hit up the local bakery just yet. Throw this classic treat together in minutes instead. (via Sweet Treats and More)
11. Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes: Serious case of the sweet tooth? No need to run out for a cake mix. Bake these little numbers from scratch, then top with swirls of strawberry buttercream. (via Damn Delicious)
12. Twinkie Strawberry Shortcake Bites Five Minute Treat: Got five minutes? That’s all it takes to transform your fave grade school lunchtime sweet and a handful of berries into shortcake bites. You’ll never think of Twinkies in the same way. (via Hoosier Homemade)
13. Strawberry Shortcake Bars: Use up those strawberries from your berry patch (or the local produce aisle) in these berry bars. The recipe makes a bunch, so it’s a great dish for a crowd. (via Six Sisters’ Stuff)
14. Strawberry Shortcake Trifle: Who’s hungry? We can hardly stop ogling this gorgeous trifle. Layer after layer of strawberries, angel food cake, Jell-O and pudding are calling our name. Oh, and if you’re going for the berry lip this spring, well, two bites into this treat you’ll be rockin’ it. ;) (via Craftily Ever After)
15. Mini Strawberry Shortcake Milkshakes: Sunny days bring serious milkshake cravings. This shake should be first up on your must-make list, because…. the glasses are rimmed with crushed graham crackers! (via Pizzazzerie)
16. Strawberry Shortcake Skillet Cobbler: We could down this skillet cobbler any day, any time. It’s warm and comforting and heavenly when served hot with a dollop of sweet whipped cream. (via Recipe Girl)
18. Strawberry Shortcake Shooters: We don’t need an excuse to eat dessert, but if we did, these shooters would qualify. One cake and a few cups of berries will make 20 pint-sized treats. (via Tablespoon)
Tell us, which of these shortcake hacks would you try if they all magically appeared in front of you at this moment? Let us know in the comments below!