27 Brilliant Frozen Berry Recipes You’ll Ever Find
Berries are some of the most beautiful foods in the world. We love their vibrant colors, textures, and flavors. Even though berry season is only a few short weeks out of the year, frozen berries allow us to enjoy the sweet taste of summer year round. Yes, that means berry smoothies, berry beer floats, and juicy bursts of flavor to top off all your favorite foods, from ice cream to oatmeal. There are a billion uses for an abundance of berries. May these bold and beautiful berry recipes spark your kitchen creativity!
4. Frozen Berries with Hot Chocolate: Inspired by a London chef’s culinary creation, this dish is divine! A creamy hot chocolate sauce drizzled over frozen berries is a match made in heaven. Take another bite. You’re not dreaming. (via Kayotic Kitchen)
5. Linzer Cookies: Introducing the Linzer cookie (just in time for V-Day!). Use frozen berries — whatever you have on hand — to make freezer jam for the tart filling in the middle. (via Cooking Classy)
7. Raspberry Ice Cream + Lemon Coconut Shortbread: The berries in your freezer are just begging to be turned into these ice-cream-oozing sammies. The fresh flavors will transport you to warmer, sunnier days. Whip up some summer! (via Five and Spice)
9. Mixed Berry Vanilla Yogurt Pops: We know, it’s winter. But how long has it been since you’ve sucked on a popcicle? This homemade variety is so good, you won’t even stop to wipe the juices running down your chin. Top it off with a sprinkling of crushed graham crackers. (via Offbeat + Inspired)
12. Five Minute Microwave Berry Cobbler: Oh yes, we went there. As if cobbler wasn’t already a classically epic dessert, this version is off the charts. The next time you’re craving cobbler, you can have it. In five minutes. (via Domestic Fits)
14. Homemade Blueberry Sauce: There’s only one thing you need to know about this warm and bubbly blueberry sauce: It’s good on everything. In fact, grab a spoon, it’s incredible straight from the bowl. (Okay, that was more than one thing.) (via My Baking Addiction)
19. Brown Sugar Mixed Berry Cobbler: Sometimes you just have to get back to the basics. Because berries make us nostalgic. And because some things should be just what they are. Forget fancy pastries and clever confections. A simple, classic cobbler will bring back memories of good old days. (via Gourmet)
20. Mixed Berry Cream Soda: Berries are simmered down to a sauce, strained, sweetened with honey, mixed with club soda, and topped off with cream and ice cubes. It’s a super-satisfying collision of all our favorite things! (via Handmade Charlotte)
22. Key Lime Cupcakes, Blackberry Filling, + Blackberry Frosting: When life hands you frozen berries, make berry-filled cupcakes. (via Baked Perfection)
27. Raspberry Sorbet Trio: This visually stunning trio of raspberry sorbets features mango and pineapple-infused varieties. A surprising technique makes it a little creamier than most sorbets (with no added fat!) (via BHG)
What your berry best recipe? Lay down the seeds in the comments below!