21 Stylish Headphones to Take on Your Next Adventure
Your bags are packed (on-point one-piece swimsuit and espadrilles included) and itinerary all planned out. The only thing left to do is get your on-the-go tech in gear and create a killer playlist, because no adventure is complete without some sick beats (like Queen Bey on repeat). Headphones earn major MVP status when it comes to travel, keeping the tunes flowin’ from point A to point B, and turning too-long layovers and excruciating bus rides into your own personal dance party. You’re a bonafide audiophile, so sound quality matters, but you’ve got those sartorial sensibilities to think about too, meaning your perfect pair of headphones strikes the perfect balance between the two. From wireless earbuds to noise-cancelling options, check out the 21 audio accessories below that do just that.
1. Frends Layla Headphones ($150): The perfect partner for that newly acquired oil-slick swim suit: iridescent headphones that shimmer in the sunlight. Toss ’em on and embrace your inner lazy girl, because you don’t have to work work work work work work work.
2. Marshall Minor Earbuds ($60): Good things come in small packages. Marshall knows a thing or two about sound quality, and these gilded stunners don’t disappoint — and that’s even before we get to that gold hardware. Swoon.
3. Swoons and Tunes Headphones in Leafy Wildflowers ($35): Right on cue for summer, this flowery headset is guaranteed to put a major spring in your step the second you pop ’em on. Just turn up your playlist and you’re good to go.
4. FP Printed Earbuds ($20): Add a pop of color to any on-the-go getup when you plug these bad boys in. The tie-dye print was practically made for flowy maxi dresses and playlists featuring your favorite free-wheelin’ bands.
5. Kreafunk aHead Wireless Headphones ($145): Cords? Please. These pastel earphones aren’t just pretty — they’re practical too. Bluetooth capabilities mean you can cut the cord and still jam out to all your favorite tunes. Meet your new in-flight essential.
6. Forever21 Floral Earbuds ($10): Average just isn’t your thing — to make the cut, your accessories need some serious pizzazz. And that’s where these 3D floral numbers come in. Bringing bright color and drama to the table, they’ll fit right in with your arsenal of amped-up add-ons.
7. Hi-Fun Headphone ($119): Lazy girls, rejoice! Double denim on the fly is as easy as teaming this chambray headset with an effortless tee-and-jeans combo as you head out the door.
8. Beats by Dre Beats Solo 2 On-Ear Headphone ($199): Good vibes only. Get your getaway off on the right foot with bold-and-bright headphones that were made for blasting beats. Whether you’re listening to slow jams or indie folk, best believe you’ll be doing it in style.
9. Happy Plugs In-Ear Carrara Marble ($40): Master the art of the travel flat lay with marble earbuds with endless It-girl appeal. Designer carry-on and haute reading material (unfortunately) not included.
10. Parrot Zik 2.0 Headphones ($350): Okay, so they’re a splurge, but trust us — they’re totally worth it. The vibrant hue just gets you, plus these babies are totally stacked. Features like a head sensor (the music stops when you take them off!), Bluetooth, noise-cancelling capabilities and insane sound make this headset the full package.
11. Arduro Amplify Wireless Earbud Headphones ($18): Consider those days of tangled wires and uncomfortable headsets officially over. Take this purple pair on the plane or for a morning jog on the beach for ultra easy listening.
12. Caeden The Linea No. 1 Headphones ($150): Clean lines, geometric caps and refined metal finishes — these modern headphones are going straight for your minimalist heart. Team ’em with a sleek gold cuff and a streamlined jumpsuit for a travel-ready ensemble that has the whole effortless-chic thing on lock.
13. Skullcandy Wink’d Earbuds ($21): These bright earbuds are a triple threat, with slimmed-down styling that keeps ’em in place (so essential), custom tuning that can handle your eclectic musical taste and a mic/remote that makes answering calls and switching songs a total snap. The best part? They won’t weight you down — round ’em up with a glitzy gold cord taco, toss ’em in your bag and you’re good to go.
14. Urbanears Hellas Team Headphones ($119): While the tonal, streamlined designed is enough to make any #OOTD goddess swoon, it’s the techy details, like a built-in touch interface that lets you switch up your playlist without hunting for buttons, that will have you falling for these wireless headphones fast. The removable, machine-washable padding isn’t bad either.
15. Bose SoundSport In-Ear iOS Headphones ($130): Leaving behind a serious sound system doesn’t have to mean compromising on quality, and these two-tone earbuds are proof. Bringing all of Bose’s signature auditory presence, this set is almost as good as sitting front row.
16. Moshi Avanti On-Ear Headphones ($200): Let’s be real — on-ear headphones look totally rad, but they’re not always the most comfortable. And when you’re dealing with long journeys, comfort is key. Introducing the quintessential travel companion — this light, compact pair (they fold up into their own nifty carrying case!) is just what the doctor ordered, with earcups that exert minimal pressure and luxe styling FTW.
17. Modcloth Aural Exam Earbuds ($30): These aren’t your average earphones — handcrafted with wood from across the globe, this retractable tech (sayonara, tangled messes) is guaranteed to turn heads.
18. Skullcandy Navigator Headphones ($100): Headphones that fold up and straight-up slay in the style department? Sign us up! The retro design makes a rad companion to throwback essentials like button-front skirts and bomber jackets, while memory foam ear cushions (no joke) make for hours of listening comfort.
19. Roam Ropes ($199): If you’re searching for earbuds with major swagger, look no further than these sleek, statement-making stunners. The bold design just might make you ditch classic headphones for good, while Bluetooth capability that let’s you go wire-free makes them a must for weekend getaways and exotic excursions alike.
20. AIAIAI Track Headphones with Mic ($85): Show off your athleisure side (bomber jacket, boyfriend jeans and chic sneakers on standby) when you’re ready to jetset with track headphones offering ’80s-inspired appeal. Perfect for girls on the go, they’re flexible and lightweight, making them super easy to stow.
21. Bose SoundTrue II Around-Ear iOS Headphones ($180): When it comes to music, you don’t mess around. Between cushy earcups, lightweight design and top-notch sound quality, this effortlessly stylish set of headphones has all your bases covered.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.