11 Summer Hair Accessories to Buy or DIY
When those painfully hot summer days roll around, the blast of hot air that accompanies a blowout is basically the last thing you want. So what’s the alternative? An updo? Sure. Beach waves? Definitely. But sometimes a plain hairdo just won’t cut it. And that’s where hair accessories come in. To instantly amp up a top knot or tousled locks this summer, throw one of these on your mane.
1. Party Bobby Pin ($12): Make that pool party extra festive while simultaneously keeping your hair out of your face with this adorable bobby pin.
Sometimes a ponytail is really the only option. If that’s the case, dress it up with a fun elastic. No need to spend a fortune on them at Target. Follow this tutorial to make your own. (via The Crafting Chicks)
4. Ditsy Floral Scrunchie ($4): Okay, so we know you swore you’d never wear a scrunchie again, but after one look at this adorable floral option we’re hoping you’ll reconsider.
5. Hair Wrap Kit ($10): And while you’re reliving your youth, you might as well throw some hair wrap action into the mix. Right?
For those days when you just can’t deal, simply pop on one of these bad boys and call it a day. (via Brit + Co)
Start with an assortment of basic plastic flowers and simply spray paint them gold to create this ultimate wedding guest accessory. (via Atilio)
8. Open Bar Bun Holder ($18): Top knots are awesome. An accessorized top knot opens the door to a whole new level of cool.
10. Knitted Pom Pom Hairband ($12): We have a feeling Cher Horowitz would most definitely approve of this fun hairband.