20 Must-Have Maternity Looks for Hot Mamas This Summer!
With child, a bun in the oven, preggers — just because your body is changing doesn’t mean you have to resort to wearing oversized T-shirts and sweat pants this season. We’ve already clued you into the must-haves for your baby registry, but let’s talk about some important gifts for Y-O-U during those months when the term “showing” doesn’t even begin to cover your blossoming baby bump? From effortlessly chic to off-duty style peppered with sunny summer hats and must-have shades, these 20 maternity looks are made for a hot mama like you!
1. The Hudson Shirt ($248): Slouchy and stylish well beyond your nine months, the Hudson shirt with matching elastic pants makes a great look for city casual days or trendy evening dinners. Step out in style with a pair of daytime metallic gladiator sandals or leather wedges or vamp up in sleek stilettos… loafers, flats or mocs work too ;)
2. Maternity Swing Dress ($40): Swing into style with a fusion of fashion and comfort. Dressed up or down, the dress is a sure hit before, during and post pregnancy.
3. Peg Pant in Geo-Tribal Print ($42): Get the cool and comfy look by sticking to key casual pieces and pair them with sunglasses and simple cut tops. It’s a relaxed and effortless maternity style that will have you feeling your best.
4. Maternity Midi Dress in Stripe ($53): Nothing looks fresher than white and blue. At the seaside or in the city, it’s a trend that will always work for you.
5. Mamalicious Double Zipped Spotty Raincoat ($124): Designed for all stages of pregnancy, this on-trend polka-dot raincoat will flatter your bump and accommodate your new curves.
6. Pianna Summer Dress ($175): Summer in the city is best matched with simple and beautiful lines. Add pops of accessorized color to create a seasonal mood.
8. The Tie Front Dress ($216): Achieve maxi-mum comfort with a billowing maxi dress. Distinctly understated and low-key, you’ll look as effortlessly glowing as ever when wearing soft yellow summer tones.
9. Coral Maternity Cropped Jeans ($79): Nothing says Riviera posh like vibrant seaside-inspired shades. Light cotton fabrics help keep mama-to-be cool while basking in bump friendly, flattering cuts. With an under-the-bump jersey cover, no one will guess you are sporting maternity wear. Complete the look with the White Flutter Sleeve Maternity Blouse ($55) pictured.
10. Ruched T-Shirt Maternity Dress ($159): Benefit from the casual look of the classic tee or pump it up with an office-ready blazer. From workwear icons to off-duty essentials, this bodycon dress has all the bump-o-nomics boxes ticked.
11. Maternity Floral Skater Dress ($57): Bloom into your blossoming bump with something fun. This look is sure to put a little spring in your step in all stages of pregnancy.
12. Amalfi Maternity Blazer ($305): Work it! Mix and match your existing wardrobe with a perfectly tailored blazer, cut exclusively to fit over your bump. Team the jacket with the Amalfi Tailored Maternity Pant ($159) pictured or pair with black skinnies for a stylish post pregnancy look.
13. Maternity Shift Dress With Fluro Layer ($57) Once the obvious choice for rebels, neon is making its way back into every day wear. Chic and energetic, fashion lovers are taking the plunge into captivating hues from primary colors to exotic prints.
14. ASOS Maternity Exclusive Spot Skater Dress with Belt and Cap Sleeve ($53): You know what else is making a comeback? Retro prints. Join the dot revolution and pop into a wedding rocking a timeless classic.
15. Ivory Flutter Sleeve Maternity Dress ($85): This is where romance meets bohemian. Equipped with an adjustable sash tie to secure in a bow, the dress highlights the slimmest part of your body and flaunts those newfound curves.
16. Sand Summer Maternity Poncho ($62): Look effortlessly boho in a cool, calm and comfy summer poncho. The billowing boxy style is perfect for your growing bump while it shows off your feminine curves.
17. Sleeveless Swing Dress With Pockets ($48): This is a dress that understands the lounge-to-the-last-minute weekend mindset. Run out the door with little more than a hair tousle or your favorite straw hat.
18. Ana Maternity Sweater ($145): Add an extra dimension to your look with a light weight slouchy cotton knit. Cinch with a slim underbelly belt and skinnies for extra shape, or loosen the look with a pair of boyfriend jeans.
19. Fitted Empire Waist Maternity Cocktail Dress ($99): Step into the night with simple elegance. Shaped to flatter even the most self-conscious mind, this two-toned bodycon dress is strategically designed to flatter.
20. The Pull-Over ($178): Keep looking fresh before, during and after baby’s here with this L.A. chic look. Stroll on the beaches of Santa Monica or wander into an oceanside brunch with your besties.
What are your favorite maternity looks in warmer weather? Let us know in the comments below!
Thanks to Method for helping us launch Brit Kids!
Social media is an amazing free marketing tool that didn't exist 15 years ago. Particularly with Instagram, you can use a few images and words to tell followers who you are in an instant. While we can't share *all* the things we covered in this week's Selfmade master session on social media and brand voice, as part of our collaboration with Office Depot we're sharing a few key takeaways.