Headband Hacks! 3 Creative Ways to Style ‘Em Up
Festival season means bohemian style is at the fashion front lines, and we’re totally down with a season dedicated to rocking out. Technically, this season extends all the way through October (Treasure Island, what what!) so we’re getting ahead of the game by offering up three ways to wear a quintessential piece of festival-wear: the hippie headband.
Though the typical hair parted down the middle and headband affair is a timeless one, we decided to get a little more creative on the headband styling scene. Whether you’re a neon-loving hipster, a die-hard Anthropologie addict or a full on love-to-crochet-your-own-poncho boho queen, we’ve got a look for you.
Neon Waterfall Boho Bands
1. Place one of the headbands in the front with the ends tucked into your hair,
2. Place another one in the back to create the illusion of having a full wraparound piece.
3. Grab a small section from one side of your head (around an inch thick) and wrap it around the headband one time.
4. Leave that piece of hair in place and skip over approximately one inch of hair and pick up another small section. Wrap it the same way around the headband.
5. Continue to do this around the perimeter of your head.
6. If the style isn’t quite secure, you can add extra strength with a bobby pin or two. Done!
Love the idea of long locks but can’t grow ’em on your own? For a quick hack, you can take a headband that wraps and braid it right into your hair. We got this one at Forever 21 but it’s only available in stores. You could easily make your own similar headband with jersey knit fabric and colorful feathers.
Braided Feather Wrap
1. Wrap a braided headband around your head and tie off to the desired side. I did mine to the left. My left :)
Spring Floral Faux Bob
1. Place headband on your head with the knot portion lined up at your hairline.
2. Begin by taking a two-inch section of hair and wrapping it up into the headband.
3. Continue to do this until all or most of your hair is wrapped up.
4. Leave a few random pieces down for a softer, more playful look. So cute!
Even Porter wanted in on the action! ;)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)