We are well into summer at this point, and while we’re more than ready to try out all the seasonal trends, we know that soaring temps are not easy to dress for. When it’s hot and humid out, the last thing you want are heavy fabrics and tight silhouettes. Though we wholly approve of spending all day in a bathing suit, we know you sometimes have to put *real* clothes on, and we’re here to help. We’ve rounded up 10 breezy skirts that are perfect for summer and are on sale right now. Happy shopping.
1. Zara Gingham Check Skirt and Top ($36): Every season, Zara has a few stand-out items that fashion lovers can’t get enough of. Right now, it’s this gingham skirt and top combo that proves matching sets can be stylish. Act fast though, because this set is almost sold out.
2. House of Holland Ruffle Hem Midi-Skirt ($249): This multi-colored cotton blend skirt does ruffles in a way that isn’t too precious. A pair of sleek, white heels take the outfit from day to night, and the matching camisole really pulls the whole outfit together.
3. ASOS Influence Plus Mix and Match Floral Print Asymmetric Skirt ($32): If your aesthetic is more monochromatic and minimal, sometimes it’s hard to find pieces that stay true to your taste but still scream summer. Tiny, black and white florals are a great way to get into the spirit of the season without going nuts on prints and colors.
4. Cinq a Sept Luella Skort ($207): Simple and classic, with a little bit of flair, this is the kind of skirt that will become a staple in your wardrobe through any season. The fact that it’s actually a skort (remember those?) makes us love it even more.
5. Eloquii Studio Color Block Metallic Skirt ($60): Wedding season is upon us, and it’s always challenging to find an outfit that’s both formal enough for a wedding but also comfortable enough for the hot weather. This pleated, metallic skirt fits the bill and also comes in two other color combos.
6. Mara Hoffman Patchwork Midi Skirt ($150): If anyone knows how to do perfect summer vacay clothing, it’s Mara Hoffman. The bright patchwork colors and billowy shape showcase Hoffman’s focus on creating richly textured and vibrant pieces.
7. Zara Midi Skirt With Sleeve Detail ($36): Where do we even begin with everything we love about this skirt? What could have been a standard midi is elevated to a new level of cool with a tied sleeve belt.
8. Alcoolique Mafalda Skirt ($167): We’re getting major tropical beach vibes. Throw this lilac and white cotton piece over your bathing suit and you’re ready to go from the beach to the bar instantly.
9. Farrow Accordion Pleat Skirt ($87): ICYMI, gingham is having a major moment right now, and we like to think of this narrow blue and white striped print as a different take on the print we know and love. The playful silhouette is also professional enough for the office.
10. Topshop Boutique Ditsy Mix Skirt ($75): Easy and breezy, this light gray floral skirt is one we can see ourselves living in all summer long. Buy the coordinating Boutique Ditsy Draped Camisole ($30) and fully embrace the matchy-matchy look that is all over the street style set.
Looking for more summer style inspo? Check out our Brit + Co Pinterest page.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.