15 Beach-Ready Cover Ups
A couple weeks ago, we shared our favorite picks for this season’s swimwear, but what about when you need to wear a little something more? The perfect beach cover-up is a quintessential part of your summer wardrobe, and often gets even more play than your favorite bikini. If you’re looking for a new warm weather staple, you’ve come to the right place. Here are 15 hot little numbers that’ll cover you up in all the right places.
1. Tie Dye Beach Day Romper ($39): First up, a little hippie chic. We love the bold but soft tones in this tie dye romper, and especially like the criss cross back. This definitely seems like something you’d live in for an entire weekend.
2. Striped Linen ($85): On the preppier end of the spectrum, this striped linen tunic is classic East Coast style.
3. Tribal Scarf Print + Bandana Beach Pants ($43): Beach pants? Why yes. This lively prints will keep your legs cozy when the sun starts to go down. Plus, just imagine how awesome your beach dancing skills would be in a pair of these!
4. Embroidered Rope Tunic ($88): This has honeymoon beach style written all over it – it’s a little bit bridal and a little bit sexy, all at the same time.
5. Tasseled Poncho ($88): A more stylized take on the ponchos we’re used to seeing on the beach, this look by Anthropologie is delicate and lovely.
6. Patchwork Beach Cover-Up ($39): The lace trim on the back is what sold us on this one. And, of course, all the pretty patterns.
7. Indigo Splash Cardigan ($78): We love the idea of pairing this with a gauzy sarong and a glamorous pair of sunnies.
8. Cheeky Short and Crop Top ($35 + $20): This outfit definitely has an ’80s vibe, and we like it! The color palette in the top just screams summer.
9. Polka Dot Romper ($34): This romper looks like one of those quintessential day-to-night numbers for summer. No one will know you’re rocking a swimsuit under your cocktail party romper, right?
10. Whisper Gauze Tunic ($60): The sheerness of this gauze tunic makes for light airiness along with being able to show off that bikini bod.
11. Drop-Waist Sweater ($60 and up): The neon sweater on the left might be our favorite cover up on this list. It’s great summer night apparel.
12. Crochet Cover Up ($48): This classic crocheted number is feminine without going over the top.
13. Herringbone Stripe Tunic ($78): The best part of this look? The hot red bikini underneath the herringbone!
14. Dip Tie Dye Fringe Tank ($25): Created by the same folks as the Tie Dye Romper we kicked off with, this is definitely a cover up worth keeping your weekend bag at all times.
15. Seafolly Kailua Cover Up ($102): Finally, a little pattern, sheer fabric, and fringe all in one! We’re especially digging the green one.
What’s your go-to layer at the beach? Any online shops we should check out? Favorites from the list above? Talk to us in the comments below.