15 Beach-Ready Cover Ups
A couple weeks ago, we shared our favorite picks for this season’s swimwear, but what about when you need to wear a little something more? The perfect beach cover-up is a quintessential part of your summer wardrobe, and often gets even more play than your favorite bikini. If you’re looking for a new warm weather staple, you’ve come to the right place. Here are 15 hot little numbers that’ll cover you up in all the right places.
1. Tie Dye Beach Day Romper ($39): First up, a little hippie chic. We love the bold but soft tones in this tie dye romper, and especially like the criss cross back. This definitely seems like something you’d live in for an entire weekend.
2. Striped Linen ($85): On the preppier end of the spectrum, this striped linen tunic is classic East Coast style.
3. Tribal Scarf Print + Bandana Beach Pants ($43): Beach pants? Why yes. This lively prints will keep your legs cozy when the sun starts to go down. Plus, just imagine how awesome your beach dancing skills would be in a pair of these!
4. Embroidered Rope Tunic ($88): This has honeymoon beach style written all over it – it’s a little bit bridal and a little bit sexy, all at the same time.
5. Tasseled Poncho ($88): A more stylized take on the ponchos we’re used to seeing on the beach, this look by Anthropologie is delicate and lovely.
6. Patchwork Beach Cover-Up ($39): The lace trim on the back is what sold us on this one. And, of course, all the pretty patterns.
7. Indigo Splash Cardigan ($78): We love the idea of pairing this with a gauzy sarong and a glamorous pair of sunnies.
8. Cheeky Short and Crop Top ($35 + $20): This outfit definitely has an ’80s vibe, and we like it! The color palette in the top just screams summer.
9. Polka Dot Romper ($34): This romper looks like one of those quintessential day-to-night numbers for summer. No one will know you’re rocking a swimsuit under your cocktail party romper, right?
10. Whisper Gauze Tunic ($60): The sheerness of this gauze tunic makes for light airiness along with being able to show off that bikini bod.
11. Drop-Waist Sweater ($60 and up): The neon sweater on the left might be our favorite cover up on this list. It’s great summer night apparel.
12. Crochet Cover Up ($48): This classic crocheted number is feminine without going over the top.
13. Herringbone Stripe Tunic ($78): The best part of this look? The hot red bikini underneath the herringbone!
14. Dip Tie Dye Fringe Tank ($25): Created by the same folks as the Tie Dye Romper we kicked off with, this is definitely a cover up worth keeping your weekend bag at all times.
15. Seafolly Kailua Cover Up ($102): Finally, a little pattern, sheer fabric, and fringe all in one! We’re especially digging the green one.
What’s your go-to layer at the beach? Any online shops we should check out? Favorites from the list above? Talk to us in the comments below.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.