Nothing hits the spot like a flavorful, creamy drink when you first wake up in the morning. But if you don’t drink coffee, hot, iced, or nitro, it can be a little harder trying to figure out what to pour into your mug. Enter the tea latte. Made with herbal or caffeinated leaves and topped with dairy or nut milk, the smooth, warming taste of one of these drinks is just what a sleepy morning calls for. These 11 recipes show just how versatile they can be.
1. Chamomile Tea Latte: The dried flowers that make up this drink are soothing and pretty before they’re even brewed. Sip it in the morning for some calm before your day begins. (via Threads and Blooms)
2. Salted Caramel Rose Tea Latte: Homemade rose caramel dresses up this drink. Add a drizzle to your cups to sweeten the creamy blend of Earl Grey and rose tea with milk foam. (via How Daily)
3. Vegan Matcha Tea Protein Latte: If you skip breakfast but never your morning cuppa, this recipe is for you. It features matcha enriched with protein and coconut butter, to give you that extra boost you need in the a.m. (via Nutrition Stripped)
4. Hibiscus Tea Strawberry Iced Latte: Fruity hibiscus tea on ice is a sweet pink thirst-quencher. Add coconut milk and sliced strawberries to make the flavors really sing. (via Little Figgy)
5. Vegan Vanilla Chai Latte: Warm spices and smooth vanilla make this chai latte perfect for chilly mornings. Frothed almond milk on top adds a creamy balance. (via Phenomenal Phoods)
6. Iced Matcha Coconut Latte: Simply made with coconut water, matcha on ice is a refreshing drink. Or, you can make something more substantial, blending the matcha with coconut milk, dates, and hemp seeds. (via Living Kitchen Wellness)
7. Earl Grey Tea Latte: In England, the Earl Grey tea and dried lavender drink is called a London Fog. (via Buttered Side Up)
8. Blood Orange Turmeric Tea Latte: Boost your immune system with this blood orange and turmeric tea latte. Chock full of vitamin C and anti-inflammatories, it’s just what you want to fight off your next cold. (via Cotter Crunch)
9. Hojicha Cinnamon Latte: Made with Japanese hojicha, a green tea that’s been roasted, this drink has a smokey flavor that’ll make you want to cozy up in front of the fire. A sprinkle of cinnamon and a frothed milk topping finish it off. (via Thirsty for Tea)
10. Tahini Date Chai Tea Latte: Nutty tahini and sweet dates can stand up to the bold spices in this vegan chai latte. (via Will Frolic for Food)
11. Mint Green Tea Au Lait: Mint adds a refreshing zing to this green tea latte. Use sweetened, powdered green tea as a tasty shortcut. (via Thirsty for Tea)
For more morning pick-me-ups, follow us on Pinterest.