While you are probably busy perfecting your grandma’s famous pumpkin cheesecake recipe and deep-cleaning the house before your Thanksgiving guests arrive, don’t let festive fall decor get pushed off your to-do list. You don’t need to go wild with cornucopias and turkeys; a simple display on your mantel is an easy way to brighten up the living room and wow your guests. And if you’re really feeling in the spirit, you can add a creative tablescape too. Feast your eyes on these 11 fall-inspired Thanksgiving mantels.
1. Gold and Glittery Mantel: Forgo the traditional orange pumpkins and paint them gold for a more modern look. Then place canvases sprinkled with shimmery gold dots behind votives. When the sun sets, the gold will sparkle against the candlelight for a super cozy ambience. (via Monica Wants It)
2. Painted Acorn Garland: Add a pop of color to your mantel with a string of brightly colored acorns. Then choose a few interesting pieces to set on the mantel, such as gold pumpkins, a stack of books and an antique mirror. (via At Home in Love)
3. Natural + Neutral Fall Mantel: This blogger hung a panel of distressed wood and placed a DIY wheat wreath over it for an updated rustic look. She then placed metal pumpkins to the side along with matching vases for dried flowers. How clean and chic does this look? (via Blooming Homestead)
4. Fall Printable Mantel: Take a cue from this decorator and add a framed quote or fun phrase to your mantel, and be sure to surround it with pumpkins or other fall goodies. We’re digging this upbeat printable. (via Bombshell Bling)
5. Antique-Meets-Modern Mantel: Place antique French scripts and white pumpkins in glass cloches, and then add a feathery wreath for a touch of modern. We definitely say oui to this! (via Craftberry Bush)
6. Give Thanks Mantel: Here’s another take on the “Give Thanks” theme, but with an old window. Add a plant and some pumpkins in various sizes and you have the perfect Thanksgiving welcome banner. (via The Lily Pad Cottage)
7. Fall Chalkboard Mantel: Pick up a four-paneled chalkboard (or window) and write “F-A-L-L” in each square. Add some earthy pieces like wheat wreaths and branches, and you’ve created a simple but elegant display. (via House of Hoff)
8. Fall Harvest Mantel: This is a darker take on the chalkboard theme, using black crows and rich fall colors. Write a fun message inside the chalkboard for guests to admire when they stop by. (via Nest of Posies)
9. Modern Neutrals: Instead of using gold and white pumpkins, go off the beaten path and opt for painted pears instead. Add a neutral painting as the backdrop and complete the look with a simple branch. (via Lia Griffith)
10. Gold Frames Mantel: This look uses several gold frames of varying sizes with wreaths inside (and even a deer sculpture) for a cabin-like theme. We can already picture ourselves gathered around the fire eating leftover pie. (via Craftberry Bush)
11. Feathery Fall Mantel: Find a special painting or photograph (your local flea market is a great source for antique finds), and surround it with an eclectic mix of decor, like feathers, metallic owls, books and a pumpkin garland to top it off. (via Craftberry Bush)
What’s your favorite look in this list? Let us know in the comments below!