It’s Time to Talk About Your Yoni!
In honor of International Women’s Day, let’s devote our attention to a much-needed topic of discussion — yonis! The term, Sanskrit for vulva, represents in Hinduism the power associated with the goddess Shakti and is known to be the most sacred term to describe our womb.
So what better time than today to connect to and celebrate your power. Keep scrolling through the latest edition of the Beauty Fix to find out everything you need to know and have to activate our creativity by honoring who we are.
THE YONI EDITION
1. Yoni Honey, Sensual Stimulator: Yoni honey was designed by Maria Talbot, founder of Mountain Original Medicinals ($50). The therapeutic blend of manuka honey (which heals and balances the pH), coconut oil, and full extract cannabis oil offers healing, stimulating, and aphrodisiac benefits.
2. Yoni Crystal, Sacral Chakra Stone: “Yoni Crystals are about serving the yoni temple. What happens when women are empowered to do this? The world lights up!” says Chelsey Lehl, founder and shee-e-oh of Yoni Crystals. These semi-precious stones are carved into egg shapes to tap into our sacral womb space for healing, pleasure, and activating our source of creativity. The practice of yoni eggs has been around for over two thousand years and was originally exclusive to empresses. You can check out the minerals, different shapes and sizes, as well as the rituals and meditations that can be used for this practice.
3. Fur, the Full Frontal: How you choose to outfit your yoni is completely up to you. The Fur Full Frontal ($80) is a kit that consists of Stubble Cream, Fur Oil, and Ingrown Concentrate. Each works with the other to soften hair, clear pores, and prevent ingrowns.
4. My Days, Cycle Tracker: Follow your cycle with apps like My Days — Period and Ovulation. This option allows you to input when you were intimate as well as the beginning and end of your cycle, and any symptoms or mood swings you have. It then calculates when your next cycle start day should be, shows you when you are fertile, and even details the cycles of the moon.
5. Yoni Steam, a Sacred Ritual: This tradition of steeping a blend of aromatic herbs in a pot of water and then sitting over it is said to detoxify your womb (relieving cramping, bloating, and other symptoms associated with pre-menstruation) and increase fertility, among healing many other ailments. It is best to do this right before your cycle and after, not during.
Here is the recipe and instructions.
How to Make Your Yoni Steam Blend: Mix equal parts dried herbs only (no essential oils) into a glass jar.
- Rosemary: Increases circulation, inhibits yeast growth.
- Lavender: Calms, nourishes, antiseptic, helps cramping.
- Oregano: Increases flow, antiseptic, stimulating, prevents infection.
- Marigold: Moisturizes, aids in healing scar tissue.
- Basil: Reduces painful menstruation.
- Rose Petals: Adds a gentle astringent.
- Mugwort: High essential oil content, moves and nourishes blood, balances female hormones.
- Wormwood: Antimicrobial and regulates hormones.
- Burdock Leaf: Detoxes blood.
- Chamomile: Soothing to vaginal tissues.
- Motherwort: Astringent that is toning and cleansing. Relaxes the uterine muscles.
Instructions to Steam: No steaming when you are on your cycle or if you are pregnant.
- Boil one gallon of water with ¼ cup of your blend and let boil for five minutes.
- Steep for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a glass bowl and either place in your toilet or under a stool that has a hole in it.
- Wrap a blanket around the lower half of your body to help keep the steam in, and steam for 20 minutes to a half hour.
6. Ruby Cup, Buy One, Give One: If you have never used a menstruation cup before, let me tell you firsthand it has changed my life! Because this is reusable, you don’t have to buy products every month. You only have to change it two times a day, depending on your flow. Not to mention that when you buy a Ruby Cup ($30), you are gifting one to another woman in East Africa who is in need of supply.
7. Women’s Crampbark Compound, Wise Relief, Ahhh: Packed full of herbs that are formulated to help relieve the pain of menstruation, this item is a subtle pain killer that will help keep you calm and grounded during your cycle.
8. My Little Yoni, Celebrate Your Unique “Yoniverse”: Isn’t this the cutest doll you’ve seen yet?! I was introduced to Ariel White, founder of My Little Yoni, through a co-worker here at B+C and fell in love. She shared, “My Little Yoni is a magical creature that is an original symbol of female empowerment and self-worth.” Super sweet news: Ariel is offering a 10 percent discount. Just enter YONIQUE when you find your doll!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Art Direction/Styling: Misty Spinney
Photography: Brittany Griffin
Designer: Marisa Kumtong