8 Beauty Secrets Karlie, Gigi and Other Top Models Swear By
Runway models grace the catwalks during New York Fashion Week like it’s their job — well, it is — but they also are constantly killing it offstage, especially when it comes to beauty. Since they typically wear a ton of makeup on the runways, we assume they’ve tried just about everything (even the really awesome high-end stuff on the top of everyone’s beauty wish lists), not to mention have constant inside access to makeup artists, skincare specialists and the like. So, when these ladies give a legit off-duty rec, we listen. Since we’re about to see a lot more of these famous faces (New York Fashion Week is about to kick off, y’all), we rounded up the best beauty secrets of eight of our favorite strutters. Scroll through for the inside scoop on the tips, tricks and products these runway models swear by.
1. Karlie Kloss: Karlie, a certified member of Taylor’s squad and overall beauty kween, recommends not wearing *any* makeup when working out because it causes her to breakout, but sometimes schedules don’t allow a full face wash pre-workout. Her go-to way to de-gunk her pores is Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips — a really great drugstore buy. (via Elle, photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
2. Arizona Muse: This gorgeous Arizonan model (no wonder the name) swears by mixing Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair with foundation for a healthy, glowy and sheer look. We love the idea of toning down full-coverage foundation by mixing in your fave skincare serum or moisturizer — a really nice DIY beauty hack! (via ELLE, photo via Jemal Countess/Getty )
3. Jasmine Tookes: We are obsessed with this incredibly stunning Victoria’s Secret model’s beauty secret because it’s SO simple and FREE. She runs an ice cube all over her face — letting it fully melt — right before she goes to bed. Genius. Jasmine claims it shrinks her pores and makes her skin tighten overall. We believe her! (via Elle, photos via Jamie McCarthy/Getty + Kyle May/Flickr)
4. Gigi Hadid: Gigi has really made a name for herself on and off the catwalk over the past year, most recently looking insanely gorge and perfectly bronzed at the MTV VMAs. Her Real Housewife of a momma, Yolanda Foster, gave Gigi a beauty tip she still swears by: use toothpaste on breakouts to dry ‘em out. Love hearing this simple trick from a lady who has access to all the high-end products her heart could desire. We recommend using a toothpaste like Crest that doesn’t have a crazy flavor like Cinnamon or anything that could be irritating. Best to keep it simple with this one. (via Elle; photo via Jason Merritt /Getty )
5. Kendall Jenner: This may surprise you coming from a member of the Kardashian clan, but Kendall Jenner uses a totally natural option as an “instant facelift.” She apparently is a fan of using egg whites on her face — she’ll leave them on for several minutes until they dry, then will use cold water to wash it all off. Egg whites are known to combat acne, reduce fine lines and brighten dull skin — nice and natural, Kendall! (via OK! Magazine, photos via Jason Merritt/Getty + Martin Brigden/Flickr)
6. Cara Delevingne: This bold-browed lady seems to always be at the cutting edge of beauty + fashion. That said, even she loves a good drugstore beauty buy: Cara uses Simple Facial Wipes to make sure her skin is squeaky clean after runway shows. Doesn’t get easier (or more affordable) than that when it comes to a solid skincare routine. (via Harper’s Bazaar, photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
7. Heidi Klum: Heidi Klum’s got it goin’ on — period. The long-legged blonde, Project Runway host and total 10 in our eyes uses a simple drugstore beauty product to keep oil at bay on her face: Clean & Clear Oil-Absorbing Sheets. She also says that you shouldn’t keep applying powder to tone down oil; you should remove it from your face, hence the oil-absorbing sheets. (via Refinery29, photo via Ben Gabbe/Getty )
8. Chanel Iman: This striking beauty has graced the runways of Victoria’s Secret, Bottega Veneta, Ralph Lauren and DVF, to name a few, so you know she knows her beauty ish. She shared an interesting eye makeup hack with The Zoe Report: using a bottom eyelash-specific mascara to *really* bring out your eyes, like Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara. Interesting — and something we’re DEFINETLY going to try! (via The Zoe Report, photo via Mike Coppola/Getty)
What are you favorite beauty secrets? Any products you can’t live without? Share your thoughts in the comment section below!
(Featured photo via Larry Busacca/Getty)