The Most Followed Celeb on Instagram in 2016 Is NOT Taylor Swift
Now that we know which celebs had the most-liked Instagram pics of 2016, it’s time to look at the whole package. As anyone who’s taken our Instagram online class knows, building a loyal following on the social media account is totally different than, say, Twitter (for which Katy Perry holds the current title). It takes a lot more than posting a cool shot here or there; it’s about building a brand or making a personal statement that aligns with you.
10. Kendall Jenner, 70 million: Rounding out the bottom of the list was none other than Kendall Jenner. It’s been a big year for the model, so it makes sense that she had a lot to share. Not only did she land the cover of Vogue’s most coveted issue and receive her Victoria’s Secret wings, she also had quite the social media controversy over some ballet pictures for a Spanish Vogue pictorial, making her Insta page quite the hot ticket.
9. Nicki Minaj, 70 million: Nicki Minaj has been pretty quiet since her huge Twitter blowout with Taylor Swift over last year’s MTV Video Music Awards, but photos of her killer bod, like this one taken in Turks and Caicos, were enough to keep her on the list.
View this post on Instagram
Its Labor Day. One of my favorite holidays as we celebrate the blue collar American worker and their contributions to our country thru labor and sweat. In the spirit of Labor Day, I had an amazing philosophical conversation w/ my baby girl about the value of hard work and how respect is given when it's earned. I told her, "Baby girl when you grow up, you get out there and dent the universe thru hard work and sweat. And always make sure you do it in a positive way with class, dignity and respect". She responded by poo'ing on me in this moment as she plays her favorite game, "Drum time on daddy's big head". It was a good talk.💯 #HappyLaborDay #TheJohnsons #GoodTalksWithDaddy
A post shared by therock (@therock) on
8. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, 72.1 million: The Rock came in at number eight on this year’s list, and we can’t say we’re terribly surprised: His partner Lauren Hashian gave birth to a baby girl named Simone Alexandra just last year, and we’ve got a sneaking suspicion adorbs baby pics like the one above helped to cement his status on the list.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Kylie (@kyliejenner) on
7. Kylie Jenner, 80.7 million: Coming in three spots ahead of big sis Kendall is our girl Kylie, who also had a helluva 2016. Between controversial calendars, product teasers and her one insanely awesome Halloween costume, she was bound to land amongst the top Insta hustlers.
6. Cristiano Ronaldo, 83.7 million: Though he had the most liked pics of the year of any male, his total follower count wasn’t quite top five material. That could all change very soon, though, as he did also snag a spot for the second “most followers gained in 2016.”
5. Kim Kardashian West, 88.8 million: Though Kim’s social media presence has been practically nonexistent since her Paris robbery back in October, fans clearly haven’t given up hope for her return, since she’s still rounding out the site’s top five most followed celebs.
4. Beyoncé, 89.7 million: Bey had evverrrryyone (and we do mean everyone!) losing their ish over her Lemonade album (released back in April), desperately seeking clues as to who “Becky with the good hair” might be, but alas, we never did find out (though we know it’s NOT Rachael Ray). Though we’re sure her killer sense of fashion (we SO want that Sleigh sweater) certainly didn’t hurt her numbers.
3. Ariana Grande, 91.1 million: We’re sure Ariana gained quite a few followers after this week’s Hairspray Live performance (despite backlash for Link): Her Penny performance was nothing less than top notch!
2. Taylor Swift, 94.4 million: Despite receiving a low blow of a Grammys snub, Taylor Swift more than managed to keep up her high follower count on Instagram with stunts like this sick mannequin challenge she pulled off or this rousing rendition of “Part of Your World” from The Little Mermaid.
1. Selena Gomez, 104 million: It’s official: Selena Gomez is the Queen of Instagram in every way possible. With the most followers (including the most gained this year) and the most liked pics, girl clearly has it going on, and she’s laughing all the way to the bank: She gets paid about $550,000 per post, soooo… we would too. She never forgets her fans, though, frequently posting shots with them and writing touching tributes. It’s no wonder they love her.
Who’s your fave celeb to follow on Insta? Share with us @BritandCo.
(h/t People, photos via Gustavo Caballero/Getty)
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)