It’s Mom’s Day, and you know what that means: a social media frenzy of love, gratitude, and awe for anyone and everyone who has ever been a mother. Just in case you haven’t seen enough M-Day love on your own Instagram feeds today, however, the stars are here to help you out with a barrage of adoration for all the mommas that rock their worlds. Celeb mommies got in on the fun as well, thanking their little ones for giving them the gift of motherhood and sharing what it means to them to be honored with the title. Read on to see their heartwarming posts!
1. Tom Brady: Brady was a perfect gentleman, thanking both his own momma and his supermodel wife, Gisele Bündchen, on their special day. “Happy Mother’s Day, love of my life!” he wrote. “We couldn’t have wished for a mother to love us the way you do! We love you so much! Jack Benny Vivi and Papai (and Lua Scooby and Fluffy too).” D’awww!
2. Leann Rimes: Leann Rimes and the mother of her step-children, Brandi Glanville, haven’t always been the best of friends (to say the least), but today, she took time out to wish her a great day in a move that bowled us over. “Happy Mother’s Day @brandiglanville,” she wrote. “Thank you for bringing two beautiful gifts into the world. I hope your day is full of love and appreciation.
3. John Legend: Sharing a gorgeous shot of the women in his life (we NEED that skirt!), Legend paid tribute to Chrissy Teigen by saying, “Happy Mother’s Day to my wonderful wife. Luna is so fortunate to have a mom that loves her so deeply and brings her so much joy.”
4. Gigi Hadid: The supermodel gave a nod to her own model mother, writing, “Happy Mother’s Day to the greatest mom I could ever ask for !!!!! Your compassion for others and unconditional love inspire me every single day. (&& most of all thank you for my lil ones @bellahadid and @anwarhadid). WE ARE SO BLESSED TO HAVE YOU AND LOVE YOU INFINITELY. @yolandahadid.”
5. Uzo Aduba: The OITNB actress and her mother were all smiles in this shot together, and it’s no wonder. As Aduba tells her in the caption, “There is no greater inspiration, no greater love in my life; the encouragement and love, support, and embrace I get from you serves as my daily reminder of all that is pure, of all that is good. Mummy, I love you so much and am thankful for the endless blessing of having you in my life. Thank you for all you have done and still continue to do. You help everyone to see this life from a more loving, kind, open, and generous light, and that remains your service to the world. I love you more than everything. Happy Mother’s Day! Love, Zozo.”
6. Reese Witherspoon: The Big Little Lies star shared what Mother’s Day means to her, saying, “Being a mom is one of the biggest joys of my life. I have learned so much from my three kids…patience, kindness, humility, creativity, and of course, how to tell a great knock-knock joke! To my wonderful kids, I love you more than you will ever know (you will figure that out as soon as you have your own kids. Always know how grateful I am every day I get to be your mom.”
7. Salma Hayek: Hayek got a big ole bouquet from her kids, posting a shot of the beautiful flowers and musing about how lovely it was to receive them.
8. Gisele Bündchen: Bündchen posted her own cute AF post to rival hubby Tom Brady’s, giving followers a heartwarming glimpse of them all snuggled up together and saying, “There is no bigger love that I have ever experienced. Thank you my angels for choosing me to be your mom. Sending so much love to all the mothers in the world, ‘specially to mine! Enjoy your special day!”
9. Jessica Chastain: Like Sarah Michelle Gellar, Chastain had a lookalike moment with her mom with their matching flame-red tresses. “HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY to all the mothers out there,” she quipped. “I am where I am today because of this warrior woman. Thank you Mom. I love you.”
10. Brie Bella: The former WWE star got to celebrate her very first Mother’s Day with newborn Birdie, saying, “I still can’t stop staring at her. Truly the greatest gift you could ever receive. I thank the Lord so much for this precious little angel. I’m so happy I get to go home now, but I couldn’t have done it [without] all the nurses this week. They are true rock stars and they taught me so much. Thank you all. And I can’t believe I get to celebrate Mother’s Day tomorrow as a Mom.” (Photo via @shannonleephotoaz)
11. Miley Cyrus: Cyrus shared the day with her sis, Noah, and mom Trish, posting a shot of her with the two along with a barrage of heart emojis.
12. Hoda Kotb: Like Bella, Kotb is also celebrating her first Mother’s Day after adopting little Joy. She posted a tribute to all mothers everywhere, writing, “Happy Mother’s Day! May you spend yours in your jammies like my mom and my little girl.”
13. Nick Lachey: The former boy bander gave us this family pic thanking wife Vanessa “for being you” and wishing a Happy Mother’s Day to “the most amazing wife and mom I could ever ask for!!”
14. Dakota Fanning: Fanning shared the handwritten note she left for her mother in millennial pink marker, thanking her for the strength she’s given her and the unwavering determination she passed on to make her believe that anything was possible.
15. Andrea Barber: The women of Full House (Kimmy Gibler, AKA Andrea Barber) got what might be the best card of all time from their TV dads. “Happy Mother’s Day to all of you rockstar moms out there,” Barber wrote. “And special thanks to @dcoulier and @melissacoulier for the funniest card ever.”
16. Rachel Zoe: The famed stylist showed off the too-cute-for-words card she received last night, saying, “Mother’s Day Eve is already perfect.”
17. Bella Hadid: Gigi wasn’t the only Hadid giving props to momma bear Yolanda today: Bella also took to the ‘gram with a super sweet post of mom Yolanda looking gorge. “Our angel,” the model wrote. “Thank you for showing me what selfless love, generosity, compassion, kindness, power, and strength is. Thank you for bringing my perfect brother and sister into the world. You have taught me to love everyone the same and keep my eyes open to the ones that don’t. I love you so much…I am so lucky. Happy Mother’s Day. You are perfect @yoland.hadid.” Uh, can someone grab us a tissue?
18. Lucy Hale: The Pretty Little Liars actress wrote a lovely ode to Mom, saying, “I aspire to be as selfless and kind as you are, Momma. Your heart is the most special thing in the world. My life would be exponentially different with your love, support, and understanding through life’s ups and downs. So grateful I get to spend Mother’s Day with you this year! I love you to the moon and back.”
19. Ryan Reynolds: Reynolds said Happy Mother’s Day to SOMEONE today, but it wasn’t wife Blake Lively: “Happy Mother’s Day, Steve,” he wrote on a snap with the Father of the Bride actor.
20. Jenna Dewan Tatum: Dewan Tatum paid homage to her own mom, of course, with a super sweet post thanking her and saying, “I love you bigger than the sky!” but she also took time out to celebrate her relationship with her own daughter. “To say my life completely changed when this little angel was born is an understatement,” Everly’s mommy wrote. “The love I feel is overwhelming. Thank you Evie for showing me what life is about and choosing me as your mommy. And to all the mamas out there — you are WARRIORS and I bow down to you all. Take some time today to love and spoil yourself. Happy Mother’s Day!”
21. Katie Holmes: Suri and Katie wished everyone a Happy Mother’s Day from bed — we like your style, you two!
22. Kesha: The singer wrote a powerful and lengthy post about the most valuable things she’s learned from her mother that reads as follows: “I used to think it was just a saying, but we do turn into our mothers, whether we like it or not. My mom was a single mother who raised me and I was never ONCE was aware that we didn’t have as much as other people when I was young. Happiness and adventure and leading a magical life is what she told me what was important, and above all, being good and kind and loving at all costs to every human because we are all equal, that was in my blood because she treated everyone exactly the same. I not only heard her say that, but I saw her treat every human with the respect they deserve. Sometimes we’re up, sometimes we’re down, sometimes we’re just being. And I’m so happy my mom taught me to treat every human and animal with love and respect and kindness — ALWAYS — as is. And more than anything, I hope I inherit her open heart.”
23. Chris Pratt: Pratt and wife Anna Faris may get super competitive when it comes to bedtime stories, but at the end of the day, they’re clearly his world, as evident by the sweet-as-pie post he left for the mother of his four-year-old son. “A big Mother’s Day kiss and hug across the pond to my darling wife @annafaris and our sweet boy. I miss you both so much. I love you,” he wrote. He also had a laugh, saying, “Due to forced perspective in this picture Jack looks much bigger than Anna. How beautiful are they!? And the azaelas too! Richmond Park in full bloom.”
24. Ashley Greene: The former Twilight star had an adult mommy-and-me moment with her mére in matching hats. “Thank you for being my best friend, my confidant, my inspiration. Thank you for making it impossible for me to feel alone or anything less than adored,” she told her. “I love you SO much and I can’t wait for another one of those amazingly comforting hugs you give.” Hear, hear!
25. Orlando Bloom: Like Rimes, Bloom didn’t let his breakup with ex-wife Miranda Kerr get in the way of her special day with their shared son Flynn. “We came across this billboard in China while he was visiting me on set,” the actor wrote. “He loves his mum and what’s not to love — she’s a wonderful mother and a great friend and co-parent. So blessed and grateful.”
Which post got you in the feels the most? Tell us over @BritandCo.
(Photo via Mike Coppola/Getty)