Chicken Burrito Bowls
Chicken burrito bowls made with taco-seasoned chicken, cilantro-lime rice, salsa, guacamole, corn, beans, and a delicious creamy cilantro dressing.
MEAL PREP BOWL #1 WARM INGREDIENTS:
1 pack PERDUE® FRESH CUTS™ STRIPS
1 teaspoon taco seasoning
1/2 teaspoon paprika (sweet of smoked)
1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 jar roasted red peppers, chopped
1/2 bag of frozen corn
1 can black beans
1 cup white (or brown) rice
1 and 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic (separated)
1 large bunch fresh cilantro (separated)
2 cups chicken stock or broth
MEAL PREP BOWL #2 COLD INGREDIENTS:
2 large heads or hearts of Romaine lettuce
4 limes (separated)
1 package (with 4-5, 2.0 ounces each) store-bought snack pack chunky guacamole*
1 container (10 ounces) store-bought pico de gallo*
1 container (8 ounces) low-fat sour cream (separated – you’ll need 1/2 cup for the dressing)
Zest and Juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons prepared ranch seasoning mix (dry)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tomatillo, husk removed and chopped
⅓ bunch Cilantro, thick stems removed
1/2 jalapeño (seeds removed)
1/2 cup mayo
½ cup sour cream
1. Mix together all spices for the chicken and season chicken in container.
2. Warm a large, non-stick (12-inch) skillet to medium high heat. Add in the olive oil. Add the chicken to a single layer in the skillet. Cook for 3 minutes on one side and then flip to the other side and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (Registers 165 degrees F with a meat thermometer.) Set aside to allow to cool.
RICE, BEANS, & CORN
1. While the chicken is cooking, prep the rice: combine the rice, chicken stock or broth, and 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic in a pot over high heat. As soon as the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat, and cover with a lid until the rice is cooked through.
2. Once the rice is cooked through, tender, and no liquid remains, stir in 3 tablespoons (1 large) lime juice and 3 tablespoons packed & finely chopped cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Mix together the defrosted corn and chopped red peppers.
4. Put together: Grab 4-5 meal prep containers, or tupperware. Put a scoop of rice on one side, and a portion of the chicken on top of the rice. Add a row of drained Mexicorn. Add a row of drained and rinsed black beans. Add a lime wedge. Cover these containers and place in the fridge until ready to enjoy.
COLD INGREDIENTS & SALAD DRESSING
1. Chop the lettuce and then separate it evenly into 4-5 meal prep containers (or tupperware).
2. Place a large scoop of the pico de gallo next to the lettuce. Add a scoop of guacamole and a scoop of sour cream.
1. Place all dressing ingredients in a small food processor or blender, and blend to combine. Asjust seasoning to taste. Put the dressing in small containers and add them next to the side of the lettuce.
2. Cover these containers and place in the fridge until ready to enjoy.
When ready to enjoy, heat one of the warm containers in the microwave for 1-2 minutes and then toss everything together with one of the cool containers and enjoy immediately.