We know that you don’t have a lot of time when it comes to dinner. But if you have the herb thyme handy, you can get a great meal on the table in a cinch. To make you a believer, here are 12 quick dinner recipes with thyme to help save dinner one bite at a time.
1. Chicken in Wine and Mustard Sauce: With the cooler weather, recipes get a lot thicker and creamier. And this has to be some of the creamiest sauce made, with mustard (gasp) adding a subtle undertone to the savory sprig-filled sauce. (via Vikalinka)
2. Roasted Butternut Squash With Thyme Honey Butter: Soft butternut squash is complemented with the comfort of a clarified butter mixture that’s sure to become your favorite spread for everything. (via Rhubarbarians)
3. Savory Garlic and Thyme Biscuits: Is family dinner even complete without biscuits? We think not. Surprise your family with the earthy flavor of this recipe that we know they’ll be pestering you for before the sides are passed. (via Foodness Gracious)
4. Carrot and Thyme Soup: The sweet carrot soup’s taste is enhanced with ginger, celery, and garlic. (via Paytington and Company)
5. Pear Naan Pizza Goat Cheese: Dinner doesn’t have to be a production, with some goat cheese, honey, and pear slices on hand. Tonight, you’re in for an incredibly decadent but simple meal. (via By Gabriella)
6. Crispy Chicken Thighs With Lemon and Thyme: Crunch, crackle, smack, and slurp will be the sounds of dining on this deliciously simple sauce over crispy on the outside and tender on the inside chicken thighs. (via Moms Need to Know)
7. Garlic Thyme Roasted Mushrooms: Little bulbs of buttery and bready mushrooms will make your heart sing every time you pop these babies in your mouth. They go well with every protein, or you know, as a low-carb meal. (via Rasa Malaysia)
8. Creamy Parmesan Orecchiette: Pumpkin seeds add a crunch to the complementing butternut squash and broccolini fall flavors. (via Pinch of Yum)
9. Cauliflower Puree: Cauliflower puree has the same texture and creaminess you love in mashed potatoes but with significantly less calories. (via Once Upon a Chef)
10. Mushroom Gnocchi Thyme: We love the similarities between the pillowy gnocchi and mushrooms in this recipe. Flaky salt and thyme add a burst of flavor that makes you slow down to savor the moment. (via Anna Banana)
11. Creamy Garlic Thyme Potatoes: This recipe is about to be your go-to side. Crispy, blistered potatoes soak up the creamy goodness and cayenne pepper gives a pinch of spice. (via Rasa Malaysia)
12. Thyme and White Bean Pot Pies: We don’t know about you, but we think that pot pie season is one of the most magical times of the year, giving us all of that tasty broth and vegetable variety. (via Minimalist Baker)
For more recipes made with herbs, follow us on Pinterest!