Happy National Trail Mix Day! (Yep, that’s a holiday…) Time to get snackin’. The beauty of trail mix is that you can put just about anything in it and it’ll still taste pretty darn good. But with all that freedom, sometimes you wind up staring at your cabinet with no idea where to start. These 20 recipes will get your mouth watering and your creative juices flowing so you can celebrate this totally random, and totally awesome, holiday right!
1. Tamarind Trail Mix: This savory mix features dried mango, coconut, nuts, and cilantro and is spiced with cayenne pepper, cumin, coriander, honey, brown sugar, tomato and tamarind. Yum! (via Kitchen Konfidence)
11. Autumn Snack Mix: The leaves are starting to change, school has started back up, and the weather is starting to get a little cooler. Fall’s underway! This trail mix captures the flavors of the season with pumpkin seeds, dried apple, caramel, and cinnamon. (via Heat the Oven to 350)
12. Pumpkin Pie Spiced Trail Mix: Speaking of fall, have we mentioned how much we love the taste of pumpkin pie? Whether it’s in our fro-yo, our cocktails, our lattes, or, you know, our pie, we can’t get enough. This pumpkin pie-inspired take on trail mix is getting us pumped for pumpkin season :) (via Beard + Bonnet)
16. Breakfast Trail Mix: Great for kids or kids-at-heart, this mix combines cereal with more traditional trail mix fixin’s (nuts, dried fruit) for a yummy combo you can eat in the morning or all day long. (via Cooking with My Kid)
17. Sour Cherry Trail Mix: The dried sour cherries are definitely the centerpiece of this combo and for good reason — they’re delicious! Just add some nuts and chocolate chips to round out your mix and get snacking! (via Foodie Reflections)
18. Nut Love Trail Mix: Nuts, spices, and dried mango and papaya combine to create a delicious mix that you can make at home for way less than comparable store bought versions. Score!(via Cake on the Brain)
19. Halloween Trail Mix: Boo! Did we scare you? This trail mix is scary good, with classic Halloween treats like candy corn alongside trail mix staples like pretzels and peanuts. (via See Evanessa Craft)
20. Road Trip Trail Mix: Your favorite road trip snacks take center stage in this yummy treat. Featuring Chex Mix, Bugles, M&Ms, and more, this is the ultimate way to keep everyone in the car happy on a long drive. (via Blooming on Bainbridge)
What’s your favorite take on trail mix? Got any killer combos we should know about? Talk to us in the comments below.