Mix It Up! 20 Recipes for National Trail Mix Day
Happy National Trail Mix Day! (Yep, that’s a holiday…) Time to get snackin’. The beauty of trail mix is that you can put just about anything in it and it’ll still taste pretty darn good. But with all that freedom, sometimes you wind up staring at your cabinet with no idea where to start. These 20 recipes will get your mouth watering and your creative juices flowing so you can celebrate this totally random, and totally awesome, holiday right!
1. Tamarind Trail Mix: This savory mix features dried mango, coconut, nuts, and cilantro and is spiced with cayenne pepper, cumin, coriander, honey, brown sugar, tomato and tamarind. Yum! (via Kitchen Konfidence)
11. Autumn Snack Mix: The leaves are starting to change, school has started back up, and the weather is starting to get a little cooler. Fall’s underway! This trail mix captures the flavors of the season with pumpkin seeds, dried apple, caramel, and cinnamon. (via Heat the Oven to 350)
12. Pumpkin Pie Spiced Trail Mix: Speaking of fall, have we mentioned how much we love the taste of pumpkin pie? Whether it’s in our fro-yo, our cocktails, our lattes, or, you know, our pie, we can’t get enough. This pumpkin pie-inspired take on trail mix is getting us pumped for pumpkin season :) (via Beard + Bonnet)
16. Breakfast Trail Mix: Great for kids or kids-at-heart, this mix combines cereal with more traditional trail mix fixin’s (nuts, dried fruit) for a yummy combo you can eat in the morning or all day long. (via Cooking with My Kid)
17. Sour Cherry Trail Mix: The dried sour cherries are definitely the centerpiece of this combo and for good reason — they’re delicious! Just add some nuts and chocolate chips to round out your mix and get snacking! (via Foodie Reflections)
18. Nut Love Trail Mix: Nuts, spices, and dried mango and papaya combine to create a delicious mix that you can make at home for way less than comparable store bought versions. Score!(via Cake on the Brain)
19. Halloween Trail Mix: Boo! Did we scare you? This trail mix is scary good, with classic Halloween treats like candy corn alongside trail mix staples like pretzels and peanuts. (via See Evanessa Craft)
20. Road Trip Trail Mix: Your favorite road trip snacks take center stage in this yummy treat. Featuring Chex Mix, Bugles, M&Ms, and more, this is the ultimate way to keep everyone in the car happy on a long drive. (via Blooming on Bainbridge)
What’s your favorite take on trail mix? Got any killer combos we should know about? Talk to us in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)