17 Crazy AF Statement Coats You Might Actually Wear IRL
Drastic temperatures call for drastic measures, especially when it comes to bundling up in the dead of winter. With cozy teddy coats and wow-worthy puffer jackets leading the pack, you’ve got plenty of options. Keep scrolling for 17 crazy AF winter coats we wish we had the guts to wear. Beyond providing the utmost warmth on the first mulled cider days of the season, they’re sure to command attention from afar.
1. Mira Mikati Nowhere Rainbow Puffer Jacket ($650): Walking on sunshine, TYVM.
2. Kurt Lyle Veronique Double Breasted Coat in Winning Roses ($396): Rock this eclectic rose-embroidered coat with striped trousers, socks, and mermaid hair en route to your 8am. Be forewarned: A DGAF ‘tude will follow.
4. Missguided Animal Print Padded Jacket ($111): Do RiRi proud with this animal-printed jacket that would look pretty dope with a Supreme logo sweatshirt and Moon Boots.
6. Topshop Checked Colour Block Coat ($210): Your run-of-the-mill glen plaid overcoat gets a contemporary update thanks to chartreuse color-blocked sleeves and a super mod silo. Werk it with a pair of Chanel lookalike glitter boots (you know the ones) for around-the-clock domination.
7. Mother Intarsia Long Boxy Jacket ($375): Rah-rah-rah, we’ve got team spirit! Score big with this fuzzy wuzzy varsity-inspired jacket that’s guaranteed to look something fierce with a slinky slip dress.
8. Civil Clothing Division Bomber ($130): It’s your civic duty to bring your A+ game on the streets, starting with a patch-covered camouflage bomber and heavy-duty stompers.
9. Mango Faux Fur Coat ($130): File this textured violet coat under what to wear when meeting your S.O’s parents for the first time. JK.
10. Zara Sequinned Coat ($119): With this shimmery sequined coat in your arsenal, you’re just one sparkly headband away from being ready for a Gatsby-themed fête or masquerade ball.
12. Opening Ceremony Re-Editions OC x Pendleton Flare Coat ($695): Come the first polar vortex, this Pendleton flared coat with Native American influence will be in heavy rotation alongside a toboggan hat and shearling mittens.
13. ASOS Statement Metallic Sleeveless Puffer Jacket ($79): You toasty marshmallow, you. This metallic pink puffer vest will have you channeling Zenon upon first wear.
14. Unreal Fur Reflections Jacket in Vintage Jacquard ($359): Old Man Winter, look what you made us do! Couple this fab vintage topper with a star-printed wrap dress and a gingerbread martini in hand for a hint of glam.
15. STAUD Corrine Coat ($525): STAUD’s got you covered with a majestic blue velvet robe-style coat that will accompany you from the bedroom to the boardroom (just add backless mules and a pajama-esque blouse for the latter).
Getting the word out about your brand takes time, drive, and ingenuity. And it doesn't come easy for many entrepreneurs. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're chatting with Selfmade alum Taylor Morgan McPherson, founder of Sustainable Sparkle Bar, about ways in which she scored press as a solo startup brand and what she learned from Selfmade to take her brand marketing up a notch.
B + C: How did you know Sustainable Sparkle Bar was your business to start?
Glitter has always been my thing, so when I started my event company I decided to make it my niche. I started telling people I threw glitter-themed parties where people would get sparkled with glitter body art and makeup. Six months after that I applied to my first festival and to work with SUR restaurant in West Hollywood.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
I honestly can't say that I've had a specific strategy that I've followed when it comes to getting my business off the ground. I have a PR background so I was just constantly pitching new business and posting on social media.
B + C: What's the biggest challenge you face as a small business owner?
I would say creating a stable income and revenue stream. With a seasonal, event-based business it can be very up and down.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
The relationships I made and the push to start an email database.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I love what I do and I believe in myself 100%. Staying motivated isn't the hard part. Pushing myself to do the work and staying accountable is the hard part.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip? Do you use any apps that help you manage your business?
I keep multiple to-do lists, hand-written and digital. I also tell clients and partners that I will have something to them by a certain time or day so I have to stick to it.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Just do it, take the leap. And don't worry about what anyone else says to thinks.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Issa Rae, I'm so inspired by everything that she's created being a creative and a black woman. It's my dream to have my own show one day based on my life and where I give advice and talk about the world. She's doing it and making people laugh and giving people joy. And it's based in LA. Watching Insecure only further cemented my dreams of wanting to live in LA.
B + C: How did you hear about the Office Depot scholarship?
One of my friends that I met through Camp No Counselors saw an IG ad for it and nominated me.
B + C: What has receiving the scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start/grow your business?
It's completely helped me level up and take my business to another level. Selfmade helped me host my first virtual event and taught me how to set up my website to sell tickets to events and get RSVPs.
B + C: How have Office Depot services or products helped you accomplish more in your business?
I got new cards to send in all of my orders with my discount code on them. I also bought a really cool 4K camera that I now use for my social media.
Let Office Depot OfficeMax help you stand out in the crowd. From signs, posters & banners to promote your business, to marketing materials to keep your customers informed, Office Depot OfficeMax offers a full suite of business services & solutions to help you & your business get noticed.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.