17 Crazy AF Statement Coats You Might Actually Wear IRL
Drastic temperatures call for drastic measures, especially when it comes to bundling up in the dead of winter. With cozy teddy coats and wow-worthy puffer jackets leading the pack, you’ve got plenty of options. Keep scrolling for 17 crazy AF winter coats we wish we had the guts to wear. Beyond providing the utmost warmth on the first mulled cider days of the season, they’re sure to command attention from afar.
1. Mira Mikati Nowhere Rainbow Puffer Jacket ($650): Walking on sunshine, TYVM.
2. Kurt Lyle Veronique Double Breasted Coat in Winning Roses ($396): Rock this eclectic rose-embroidered coat with striped trousers, socks, and mermaid hair en route to your 8am. Be forewarned: A DGAF ‘tude will follow.
4. Missguided Animal Print Padded Jacket ($111): Do RiRi proud with this animal-printed jacket that would look pretty dope with a Supreme logo sweatshirt and Moon Boots.
6. Topshop Checked Colour Block Coat ($210): Your run-of-the-mill glen plaid overcoat gets a contemporary update thanks to chartreuse color-blocked sleeves and a super mod silo. Werk it with a pair of Chanel lookalike glitter boots (you know the ones) for around-the-clock domination.
7. Mother Intarsia Long Boxy Jacket ($375): Rah-rah-rah, we’ve got team spirit! Score big with this fuzzy wuzzy varsity-inspired jacket that’s guaranteed to look something fierce with a slinky slip dress.
8. Civil Clothing Division Bomber ($130): It’s your civic duty to bring your A+ game on the streets, starting with a patch-covered camouflage bomber and heavy-duty stompers.
9. Mango Faux Fur Coat ($130): File this textured violet coat under what to wear when meeting your S.O’s parents for the first time. JK.
10. Zara Sequinned Coat ($119): With this shimmery sequined coat in your arsenal, you’re just one sparkly headband away from being ready for a Gatsby-themed fête or masquerade ball.
12. Opening Ceremony Re-Editions OC x Pendleton Flare Coat ($695): Come the first polar vortex, this Pendleton flared coat with Native American influence will be in heavy rotation alongside a toboggan hat and shearling mittens.
13. ASOS Statement Metallic Sleeveless Puffer Jacket ($79): You toasty marshmallow, you. This metallic pink puffer vest will have you channeling Zenon upon first wear.
14. Unreal Fur Reflections Jacket in Vintage Jacquard ($359): Old Man Winter, look what you made us do! Couple this fab vintage topper with a star-printed wrap dress and a gingerbread martini in hand for a hint of glam.
15. STAUD Corrine Coat ($525): STAUD’s got you covered with a majestic blue velvet robe-style coat that will accompany you from the bedroom to the boardroom (just add backless mules and a pajama-esque blouse for the latter).
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!