16 Gift Wrapping DIYs That Think Outside the (Square-Shaped) Box
The best presents come in pretty, pretty packages. This year, DIY your gift boxes for those little goodies like homemade candy, jewelry, cosmetics and, of course, socks. You are sure to get lots of compliments and maybe even an Instagram present snap from your loved ones (#Christmaswinner). Check out the DIYs below to take your gift wrapping game to a whole new, not-entirely-square level.
1. DIY Ornament Boxes: These big ornaments are a total win-win. Pile them on the coffee table as decoration or package up the perfect hostess gift. Bonus points if your hostess uses it for decor. (via Studio DIY)
3. DIY Gingerbread Gift Box Houses: If you haven’t had much luck making an edible gingerbread house in the past, give this cardboard version a try. Hint: Hot glue gun trumps frosting any day. (via The House That Lars Built)
8. DIY Instagram Box: Get those fave snaps off your phone and into this adorable DIY box. It’s also a great gift idea for the fashionista or social media maven who documents every second of their life. (via Damask Love)
10. DIY Birthday Cake Box: Everyone deserves cake on their birthday, even if they’re not that into cake. This mini cake is the perfect size for holding things like candy, jewelry or travel-sized cosmetics. (via Oh Happy Day)
14. Pineapple Boxes: Use pre-made cardboard boxes for extra durable gifts — you know, if you need to transport them, say… over the river and through the woods to grandmother’s house. (via Damask Love)
We want to see your gift wrapping skills! Make sure to show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!