Ready to release your inner makeup artist, inspired by the music mavens of the world? The VMAs brought us everything from the smokiest eyes to the nudest lips, and we’ve put together 1o tutorials to help you get the look at home. No Red Carpet event to attend? Who cares! You can rock these looks anywhere, or save them for your upcoming wedding or soiree!
1. Bronze: The bronze ’90s look is always a winner, and Sarah Hyland made it look as effortless as everyday makeup. (via Popsugar)
2. Grey Tones: Taylor Swift’s grey tones were a perfect match to her dress. Pair them with a dark or tonal outfit for the perfect eye-popping look. (via Keiko Lynn)
3. Smokey Eye: Nina Dobrev brought her signature smokey eye to the VMAs. A favorite of ours, this one is a must master. (via Top Inspired)
4. Cat Eye: Katy Perry, we’ve heard your roar, and we want to get on the bandwagon. Put on your cat eyes for a bold and serious statement. (via Lulu’s)
5. “No Makeup”: Love the no-makeup look? This natural getup is an art form and is a great warm-weather way to look fresh. (via Bridal Musings)
6. Red Lips: We’ll always love deep red lips, and we love Rita Ora’s long-lashes-and-lips combo. (via Brit + Co)
7. Gold: Of course, Beyonce brought the gold and glitz in so many ways at the VMAs. We can’t wait to try her subtle gold eyeshadow. (via Brit + Co)
8. Lower Liner: Lower liner is a great way to make your eyes pop. Lucy Hale paired her strong lower liner with a smokey eye and, boy, does it just work. (via The Beauty Department)
9. Nude Lips: Nicki Minaj brought the nude lips last night. We like this look pair with a darker eye and rose cheeks. (via The Beauty Department)
10. Red Eyes: Solange Knowles was rockin’ the red last night. Get this look for a festive and bold change to your everyday look! (via The Beauty Department)
Which of these makeup looks will you try? Tell us in the comments below!