The MTV Video Music Awards are finally here, and we couldn’t think of a better way to finish off the summer season with great music and OMG-what-was-she-thinking outfits. While other red carpet events are very sophisticated and — dare we say — safe, the fashion at the VMAs is always fun. MTV has given “free reign” to Miley Cyrus, this year’s host. And with the red carpet and Moonman reimagined by fashion designer Jeremy Scott, you know you are in for one hell of a show. Check out our picks and get a glimpse backstage at MTV’s All Access Live Stream too. Trust us, this is one show you’re not going to want to miss.
1. Keltie Kelly: This peacock-like, low-cut dress is a force to be reckoned with. The intricate beading and mesh detail is super on trend. Striking, yet beautiful. (Photo by Larry Busacca/Getty Images)
2. Kelly Osbourne: Kelly’s pinstriped jumpsuit + metallic pointed shoe is all business. Her hair, however, is all party, and the crazy mix looks amaze. Even though she isn’t asking any fashion questions at this VMAs, we are so glad that she’s here, just so we can copy her outfit. (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
3. Tori Kelly: If anyone can make lace and shorts look good together, it’s Tori Kelly. Her all-black ensemble is a major power move with her voluminous hair and bronze-y skin. (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)
4. Jeannie Mai: Girl, you are looking goooood. This sheer two-piece number is a great way to say farewell to summer. The mix-match prints and halter top are great ways to look fab in the summer heat. (Photo by Larry Busacca/Getty Images)
5. Vanessa Hudgens: The gold and pink Disney-princess-meets-boho-chic dress is a match made in heaven. The more-is-more accessories go so well with the attitude of the piece; she looks like she stepped out of a fairy tale, or at least a very elegant music festival. (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
6. Jeremy Scott: How could we not include Jeremy Scott? This designer is not only BFFs with Miley, but he is the mastermind behind the whole red carpet magic at the VMAs. We loved how he matched his environment with a test-patterned suit that, of course, he probably made himself. (Photo by Larry Busacca/Getty Images)
7. Amanda Steele: Amanda is looking fierce in this mix-print two-piece bodycon. She keeps the outfit simple with minimal jewelry and sophisticated long sleeves. The separates look adorable together, but are great on their own as well. We’ll take both please.
8. Taylor Swift: As one of the most anticipated VIPs, Taylor did not disappoint. Her ombre two-piece loungewear is so good, we can’t take our eyes off it. The houndstooth beaded awesomeness is definitely on our roundup for best all-time Taylor outfits. (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
9. Selena Gomez: Selena is keeping in the theme with her “Bad Blood” vibe. The small leather details look hot contrasted with the glitter material, giving her a wild vibe. Get it, girl. (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
10. Demi Lovato: This mosaic one-piece wonder is so beautiful it doesn’t need any other color to make it stand out. The blush pink looks gorgeous against Demi’s skin. She definitely knows how to stay cool for the summer. (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
11. Gigi Hadid: Does this girl ever look bad? Gigi looks like she just left a tropical island with her golden-yellow slit-cut dress and tan skin. Simple, yet chic. (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
12. Hailee Steinfeld: Forget the cold shoulder; Hailee is all covered with this ensemble. All white everything is the way to go before Labor Day arrives. We’re loving the gold accents and slicked back ‘do. (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
13. Miley Cyrus: Oh, Miley. You never seem to bore us. When you shine so bright with an outfit like this, we can’t help but wonder what your thought process is like. We applaud you for your boldness, and seriously, who needs a shirt when your skirt is that amazing? (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
14. Nick Jonas: Holy moly! Nick pulled out the big guns tonight (pun intended). Our new boy crush sported a tight leather jacket with matching motorcycle jeans. Something tells us the Harley isn’t too far away. (Photo via Jason Merrit/Getty)
15. Rachel Smith: The former beauty pageant queen and current flawless E! presenter turns heads in a neon green, sequined mid-length dress. (Photo via Jason Merrit/Getty)
16. Cara Delevingne: Though we won’t see this now-former supermodel strutting her stuff for #NYFW in the coming weeks, she still proves she can hang with the best of them, beaded fringe-style. (Photo via Jason Merrit/Getty)
17. Kat Graham: This Vampire Diaries star definitely went for it with a very graphic, Asian-inspired ensemble. We’re digging the bold colors, daring handbag and fiercely brown lip. So ’90s. (Photo via Jason Merrit/Getty)
Which look is your fave so far? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below!