11 Ways to Hack Perfect Loose Waves
As we all know, achieving those sought-after no-fuss waves is easier said than done. We may be rocking red carpet-ready ringlets thanks to our trusty curly hair hacks, but we’re still left in the dark when it comes to achieving those effortless Lauren Conrad-esque beach waves. Inspired by the hoard of celebrities with messy waves, we’re renewing our quest for easy summer hairstyles in the form of easy-breezy loose waves. Scroll through these 11 hacks and find your easiest route to obtaining that boho-tastic look — just in time for beach season.
1. The Flat Iron Wave: Crimping is back, people! But not in the way you remember. While we’re big fans of the classic Lizzie McGuire-status crimp, in 2016 we’re taking a softer approach to the old favorite. This super quick style involves grabbing small sections of hair and alternating directions as you slide the iron down your strands. (via Refinery29)
2. Second-Day Waves: Achieve perfect waves in your sleep — literally. Simply create a series of fishtail braids before bedtime and voila! You’ve hacked those #justwokeuplikethis waves (’cause this time you really did). (via Brit + Co)
4. Beachy Waves With a Flat Iron: For this look, you’ll need to create curls with a flat iron (trust us!). Alternate the direction of your tool until you have a full head of waves, then tousle to your heart’s content. (via A Beautiful Mess)
6. Flat-Ironed Waves: It gettin’ hot in here! Hack this shortcut to braided waves by applying a healthy dose of heat. Be sure to size your braids according to the length and thickness of your mane. (via Cosmopolitan)
7. Ponytail Curl Hair Hack: Give your hair some extra bounce with this ridiculously easy loose curl hack. Simply put your hair in a high pony (think Ariana Grande) and curl your heart out. Be generous with your volumizing spray for this one. (via Brit + Co)
8. No-Heat Beach Waves: While it may seem easiest to get waves using heat, those high temperatures aren’t always the best for your hair. Opt for an overnight, no-heat wave for your medium locks with this seriously twisted style. (via Fashionation)
9. Pineappling: This overnight hack is perfect for creating sweet and simple tousled locks — and it’s an excuse to bust out our favorite ’90s trend: the scrunchie. Toss up your hair like you just don’t care and protect your waves while you slumber. (via Brit + Co)
11. Blow Dry Wavy Hair: For those of you left thinking “what about girls with real-life waves?,” don’t worry — we didn’t forget about you. As many of you wavy-haired gals know, natural texture is not the easiest to maintain. So when it comes to rockin’ your born-with-them waves (minus the frizz), start using a diffuser while you dry as your new go-to move. (via Brit + Co)
Which loose-wave hack are you dying to try? Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)