12 Grown-Up Ways to Wear a Bow in Your Hair
What’s the easiest was to amp up a sock bun? Half-up ‘do? Ponytail? Low bun? Put a bow on it! The girly hair accessory adds just the right amount of flair to any hairstyle with just a simple twist and a pull. Even so, the style can be a little tricky to pull off — to look sophisticated, not cutesy and totally on trend all at the same time. But it can be done! Check out these 12 bowtiful looks to help you rock the bow in a totally grown-up way.
2. Twisted Bow: We’re kind of obsessed with this bow-knot hybrid that comes out looking like a pretty twist (the bow’s posh cousin). It looks like perfection tied around a top knot. (via Liz Marie Blog)
3. Braided Hair Bow Bun: Okay, we know that between the French braid and the hair bow, this look is pretty daunting, but you can do it! Try out this look for a special occasion or a day when you want to wow with your strands instead of accessories. (via Brit + Co)
4. Scarf Bow: Pull this #wokeuplikethis look off in seconds. Just wrap your scarf around and tie into a bow — it’s as simple as that! And a great variation on your go-to headband. (via The Beauty Department)
6. Pearl Bow Headband: Instead of flowy fabric, a figure eight of pearls add a subtle sheen to your strands, making this one of the classiest ways to wear a bow in your hair. Pull it out for cocktail parties or even wear to your next wedding. (via Minted Strawberry)
7. Pony Bow: This ponytail-bow combo is great for those days when you want to add a girly twist to the classic pony. Just tie a ribbon around your elastic and your ‘do is dressed up in no time. (via Style Me Pretty)
8. Fishtail Hair Bow: This style isn’t just for braiding gurus among you — once you get the basics down, you’ll have no trouble pushing your plaiting limits (who knows, you might just add a third bow!). (via Brit + Co)
12. Vintage Scarf Bow: Yep, there are about a million ways to style a scarf into a bow. This short and simple knot adds vintage flair to your entire outfit. Complete the look with a red lip, bombshell! (via Paper & Stitch)
Can’t wait to pull off your own bow ‘dos? Which of these looks will you try? Tell us in the comments below!