When it comes to your wedding registry, there are a few essentials you should most definitely add, but the line between essentials and unconventionals is curiously thin. Perhaps you’ve even seen something super bizarre on a pal’s registry and thought, “Hmm, why?” Curious for some hilarious examples (because they HAD to exist), we tapped our readers via Facebook for some of the stranger things couples have selected. Read on for 10 of the wildest wedding gift registry items.
1. Lawn Ornaments: “A ceramic rooster the size of a garden gnome.” — Kristen S
2. Munchies Galore: “In my first marriage, we registered for Doritos. Plan worked! Got months worth of Doritos.” — Lauren C
3. Outdoorsy + Practical: “[My sister] registered for a hatchet.” — Lauren F
4. Bed, Bath… and Beyond: “The oddest thing I’ve ever seen was probably sex toys. I guess theoretically if honey dust and sexy lingerie are okay for showers, sex toys are fine for registries, but it was definitely an eye-opener for me, and the only time I’ve ever seen it.” — Kelly H
5. Gag Gifts Gone RIGHT: “A churro machine! A friend of mine had it on her registry as a joke, forgot to take it off, and I think some friends actually bought it for her (I need to check) as a joke.” — Meredith B
6. Fit Feet: “Running shoes. Their whole wedding registry was nothing but their personal needs and supplementing their hobbies, but asking for expensive running shoes was the most WTF.” — Nicole H
7. *Super* Low-Budget Essentials: “A $4 SHOWER CURTAIN LINER. I am still outraged.” — Mary Kate M
8. Couples Retreat: “A golfing trip to Pebble Beach. This was at least a decade ago but I think it cost $2-3K.” — Emily R
9. Wedding Wheels: “A Vespa (they did not receive it).” — Kelly K
10. Fine, Fine China: “Crazy expensive china that looked like Napoleon would have used it. As in $200 for a plate.” — Monya D
What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever seen on someone’s wedding registry? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(Photos via Getty)