16 Pairs of Winter Boots You Can Totally Wear to Work
Through wind, heavy rain, and snow, your cold weather boots are must haves to keep feet warm and dry. But those handy, utilitarian shoes can often be a little clunky at the office. Not anymore! There are actually a lot of high-quality, functional, and totally fashionable boots that you can wear both indoors and out. No more changing into your work shoes — these do the job all day.
1. Sorel Out ‘n’ About Plus Boots ($120): Comfortable rubber soles will keep your feet nice and dry in thick, heavy snow and rain, but the gray felt and tan leather upper sole add a laid-back look to this simple boot, making them ideal for any casual office.
2. Timberland Nellie Monochrome Chukka Boots ($130): Classic Timberland hiking boots just got a feminine upgrade. These pale pink boots are soft and sophisticated, but they’re also made with quality materials that can withstand the weather.
3. Montelliana Margherita Hiker Boots ($418): Treat your feet like gold this winter. These boots are made with textured gold leather on the outside and fur on the inside for a truly luxurious and cozy shoe to last you all season.
4. Tory Burch Cooper Shearling Bootie ($199): The thick rubber soles are just right for women on the go, and the soft wool and suede will keep your feet comfortable even when it’s bitterly cold out there.
5. Sorel Emelie Lace Boots ($200): These lace-up boots deliver when it comes to feminine charm combined with waterproof technology. Designed to keep out heavy rain and cold temperatures, they are made with full-grain leather and suede with a seam-sealed waterproof construction to insulate your feet outside while also being versatile enough to go with all kinds of work outfits.
6. Sperry Powder Valley Boots ($180): These snow boots look like they’re made for drudging through a blizzard, but they’re still fashionable enough to keep them on during your early-morning meetings.
7. Superfeet Juniper Bootie ($160): If you’re looking for a cold weather boot that doesn’t look like a cold weather boot, opt for this zip-up bootie that mimics the look of a Chelsea boot but also provides cozy insulation for your winter commute.
8. TOMS Women’s Alpine Waterproof Boots ($49+): If your office isn’t too hung up on a formal dress code, play with your winter look by wearing these delightful booties that are incredibly warm and come with a colorful geometric design to add some pop to your ensemble.
9. Montelliana Ninfea Hiker Boots ($465): When the weather gets frightful, grab a pair of hiker boots that are insulated and trimmed with fur and shearling to keep you feeling snug.
10. Sperry Duck, Duck, Boots ($119): Sperry duck boots are great in rain, sleet, or snow since they are made with quality rubber and lined with padded fleece to keep your feet warm. You can also get these classics in cooler styles, like these off-white beauties that are sure to turn heads.
11. Sorel Sneakchic Alpine Booties ($180): Sheep shearling and leather are always great together. These lace-up booties are a combo of gray felt and brown leather that instantly elevates your casual work outfit.
12. Sorel Women’s Whistler Mid Boots ($200): You probably won’t find a more comfortable boot for winter than these. Made with a rubber outsole and a removable, molded EVA footbed, you can customize this boot to fit your feet just right. Plus, they come in black or gray with a detailed wool collar for a cozy cabin feel.
13. Bearpaw Krista Mid-Calf Cold Weather Boots ($62+): These suede booties come in eight colors (including slate blue) and are lined with wool to keep you warm and dry. And just in case you’re concerned about wearing suede in the snow, don’t worry; the brand’s Never Wet technology keeps your boots dry even when the weather is damp.
14. Sorel Joan Of Arctic Boots ($190): Want to feel like you’ve just hit the slopes before coming into work? Look no further than these winter knee-highs. Made with rubber soles, leather, and faux fur, you’ll feel warm and toasty and look like a bona fide snow bunny.
15. Tory Sport Duck Boots ($298): From your closet to the workplace to the ski resort and back again, these athleisure-inspired boots are sure to be your cold-weather go-tos for just about any occasion.
16. Sorel After Hours Lace-Up Shea Boots ($260): You can wear these booties to the office and to the office happy hour without missing a step. Lamb shearling lining and cowhide keep you high and dry, while the lace-up style and wedge heel add a touch of fashion to your cold weather look.
Do you have any recommendations for fashionable but functional winter boots? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.