5 Ways to Work Out While You Work
It’s not always easy to fit a solid gym session into your schedule, but luckily there’s a whole industry dedicated to helping you multitask and work out while you work. We picked a few favorite gadgets and desks that will help you feel the burn while you’re burning through your to-do list. Just make sure you’re tracking your fitness so you know how active and productive you really were.
1. FitDesk X1 ($300): Stationary bikes can be ridiculously boring, so why not get your workout out of the way at the office. You never know it just might make those TPS reports more interesting, too.
2. Gaiam Balance Ball Chair ($81): This might be the easiest way to get a core workout just by sitting at your desk. Plus, who doesn’t like to bounce around a bit while you’re on a conference call?
3. No, Sweat Desk by Darryl Agawin: What if your whole desk set could turn into a home gym? This concept from designer Darryl Agawin can do just that. It’s one of the best multitaskers we’ve seen. Now if only it would go into production. (via Fast Co. Design)
4. TrekDesk Treadmill Desk ($479): Turn your existing treadmill into your home workstation with this desk. And when you’re tired of walking you can move the TrekDesk and turn it into a regular standing desk. Genius!
5. ErgoErgo Stool ($100): Who’s ready for some dynamic sitting? We are! Similar to the yoga ball chair, this stool helps you work your core and promotes good posture just by sitting at your desk.