Wrapped Up Hot Dog Recipes That Go Beyond Pigs in a Blanket
First, there were pigs in a blanket, and now, full-size hot dogs are getting the same pastry treatment (and no, it’s not just corndogs). Take a look at these 12 *appetizing* recipes for wrapped hot dogs that make use of pretzel dough, egg rolls, and even tortillas. All we can say is: Hot dog!
3. Chili Cheese Crescent Dog Bake With Hot Dogs: Finally, making chili dogs for a crowd has been simplified. It’s as easy as wrapping cheddar cheese and hot dogs in crescent rolls and baking on a bed of chili. (via Best Recipe Box)
4. Gluten-Free Everything Bagel Dogs: If you’re on a low-carb or keto diet, you may feel left out come hot dog season. Master this base recipe for mozzarella dough to enjoy bagel dogs all year long. (via The Primitive Palate)
5. Crunchy Nacho Crescent Dogs: Ten-year-old you would have given anything for a meal like this. Now that you’re an adult, you have the luxury of doing whatever you want, and these nacho dogs are at the top of the list. (via Tablespoon)
6. Yeast-Free Paleo Pretzel Dogs: Even if you’re not Paleo, these dogs are everything you’ve ever dreamed of and more. Be sure to serve with plenty of zesty whole grain mustard for dipping. (via Back Porch Paleo)
7. Homemade Dijon Pretzel Wrapped Hot Dogs With Maple-Dijon Dipping Sauce: Not only do these pretzel dogs have dijon in their sauce, but it’s mixed right into the pretzel dough. (via Will Cook for Smiles)
8. Hot Dog Eggrolls: Imagine your favorite ballpark toppings rolled up in a wonton wrapper with an all-beef frank. That’s exactly what you’ll get with these egg rolls that are stuffed with hot dogs, relish, and sauerkraut. (via Busy in Brooklyn)
10. Mexican Street Corn Dogs: You won’t find any hot dogs like this at a county fair. It’s all about the toppings of roasted corn, crema, cotija cheese, and fresh cilantro. They’re best enjoyed with an ice cold margarita (or two). (via The Candid Appetite)
12. Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs: Hot dogs stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon are the ultimate carnivore mic drop. The good news is if you’re on a low-carb diet, these are essentially your perfect meal. (via Ruled Me)
Follow us on Pinterest for more summer ready recipe ideas.