Zombies, Skeletons, and Cupcakes: Happy Friday the 13th!
The best thing about an infamously unlucky day such as this is that it gives us reason to bust out some of our favorite spooky kitchen essentials that simply can't wait for Halloween. Naturally, we've rounded up a lucky 13. ;)
1. Newlydeads Bride and Groom Salt & Pepper Shakers ($15): You know we love weddings here at Brit, and the seasonings section is no exception, even if you look like the couple from Beetlejuice.
2. The 7 Deadly Sins Glasses – Set of 7 ($72): When it comes to boozing, all 7 deadly sins apply.
3. Skeleton Apron ($24): It's Donnie Darko meets Suzy Homemaker in one lime green bit of kitchen chic.
4. Butcher's Bloody Grilling Apron ($18): This is legitimately scary. If you're feeling butcher-y, DIY this one with a plain white apron and red paint.
5. Husband Chopping Block ($16): How often does your hubby feel like he's on the chopping block? ;)
6. Vampire Cupcake Wrappers ($3): Nothing like imagining a blood-curdling scream to go along with your cupcake, is there? We'll be sporting these at the next (and last!) Twilight installment.
7. Gingerdead Man Cookie Cutter ($7): Dead cookie walking.
8. Cold Blooded Ice Cube Tray ($8): Creep your friends out next time you whip up a cranberry based punch by throwing a few toothy ice cubes in the mix.
9. Bone Bottle Opener ($16): Sticks and stones may break my bones but beer will never hurt me. Right?
10. Zombie Brain Gelatin Mold ($7): "There's always room for… brains!"
11. Zombie Cupcake Cookbook ($16): How many times have you exclaimed, "A Zombie Ate My Cupcake"? This playful collection of recipes includes 25 ways to creep out your guests by way of sugar. Care for a Marzipan Beetle, anyone?
13. Friday the 13th Shot Glass ($5): And finally, a classic Friday the 13th shot glass featuring none other than Jason.
If you lack a certain way with words, then perhaps you can rely on showing how you feel this holiday season with an artful greeting card you can make at home! Brit dropped by our crafting studio where we teamed with Camp by Walmart to create a choose-your-own-adventure holiday card tutorial. In the interactive video, it's up to you to decide what type of card you want to make — sentimental, or stylish? Three-dimensional, or keep it simple? After you've selected your design vibe, Brit helps you assemble it all together so your last-min card is ready to send. Get ready to pick up a few new DIY tricks when you watch the video now!