Calling all microwave-meal makers! Need some tips for cooking up a storm in the kitchen? We’ve got the perfect round up for you — 10 ah-mazing cooking hacks from some of the best chefs in the world! Whether you’re already a whiz in the kitchen or are just graduating from ramen, these chefs’ solid tips and ninja tricks will make cooking a breeze. Bon appetit!
1. Issac McHale of Young Turks Collective, UK: Having trouble juicing your citrus? Pop your oranges and lemons in the microwave for a few seconds to make juicing easier. (via The Independent, photo via Brit + Co)
4. Megan Walhood of Viking Soul Food in Portland: Think beyond baking. With a few attachments, you can use your KitchenAid Stand mixer for making pasta AND grinding meat. (via Food & Wine, photo via Brit + Co)
6. Michel Nischan formerly of Dressing Room, Connecticut: It’s all in the eyes. When choosing whole fish at the grocery store, pick one with bright, clear and shiny eyes and skin. Those are signs of freshness. (via Whole Foods)
7. Theo Randal of Theo Randal at the Intercontinental, London: Want perfect pasta? Cook it for two minutes less than what the box calls for. The pasta will finish cooking when you mix it with the sauce and a ladle of pasta water — plus the starch from the pasta will thicken the sauce. (via MSN Food, photo via Smitten Kitchen)
9. Alex Ageneau formerly of Paris Club, Chicago: Hold off on salting a sauce until after you’ve reduced it. You might not even need to salt it, since a sauce becomes saltier after reduction. (via Kitchen Daily)
10. Kristian Eligh of Hawksworth Restaurant, Vancouver: Don’t throw that marinade out! If a BBQ recipe calls for you to marinate the meat, reserve the marinade and boil it down a bit to reapply to your meat while on the grill for extra intense flavor. (via Hawksworth Restaurant)
Got a great cooking hack of your own? Share with us in the comments below!