There is one absolute truth in the world: The deeper the frying vat, the more godly the final product. You’re probably already familiar with the likes of crunchy fried-style ice cream (yum!) and other golden-brown goodies you can regularly find at state fair food stands. And you’ve probably even tried making your own home-fried fare (like the fried avocado tacos inspired by your favorite food truck, duh). Now it’s time to bring your deep-fried love into the future thanks to the new popularity of deep fried deviled eggs, appropriately, just in time to add to your Easter recipe ideas to make this March. Scroll below to check out this extra devilish take on a brunch buffet fave along with 10 other fried recipes that are basically gold in food form.
1. Fried Deviled Eggs: You thought deviled eggs dusted with paprika were good? You might reconsider after you try dropping the whites in the frier. Seriously, regular old deviled eggs will seem duller than a diet of breadcrumbs after chowing down on these decadent morsels. (via Buzzfeed)
2. Pan Crisped Deviled Eggs: On the opposite side of the indulgence spectrum, we have another contender for deviled egg greatness. Taking the more subtle approach of browning in a sautée pan, this take on the classic appetizer comes from the memoirs of Jacques Pépin. (via The Splendid Table)
3. Truffle-Oil-Fried Mac + Cheese Balls: If mac and cheese spurs drool and dreams of childhood, you should probably add the ingredients of this fried recipe to your grocery list STAT. Surprisingly enough, there are only 10, and you might already have all of them in your kitchen. Happy frying! (via The Food in My Beard)
4. Tempura Fried Pizza: To get your tastebuds on this fried beauty, you’ll have to make your way to New York City. If the Big Apple and the wafting scents of tempura batter, tomato sauce and cheese can’t woo you to plan a road trip, this recipe would be easy enough to hack at home. Whip up some easy-peasy tempura batter and call up your favorite pizza joint. You know what to do from there. (via Eater)
5. Christina Tosi’s Fried Apple Pie: Get out your copy of Momofuku Milk Bar and don your favorite Rosy the Riveter bandana (or should we say Tosi the Riveter?), ’cause it’s fried apple pie time. With bacon fat in the crust and a scorched miso sauce to accent the cinnamon-sugar apple goodness, it doesn’t get more creative than this delish shallow fried pie. (via Momofukufor2)
6. Fried Cookie Dough: If you buy a tube of chocolate chip cookie dough just for the sake of sampling the batter in its raw and unquestionably delicious form, you should maybe, just maybe, add this doozy of a recipe to your collection. With all the goodness of an undercooked cookie set in hot oil, this is a recipe you’ll make again and again. (via The Baker Mama)
7. Fried Cornballs: If you’re a firm believer that there’s always money in the banana stand, you might just happen to have a highly dangerous 1970s Bluth Cornballer in your kitchen. No? That was only a TV show? You can totally hack the Arrested Development cornball at home without the risk of losing your fingerprints with this recipe. (via Carpe Season)
8. Peach Tempura: Fried does not have to mean “not fresh.” Juicy, ripe peaches take a dunk in tempura batter for this summery dessert. Bookmark this recipe for when the classic stone fruit is in season and serve it à la mode. (via American Cupcake Abroad)
9. Fruity Pebbles Fried Ice Cream: Speaking of à la mode, fried ice cream may not be the vogue thing it used to be, but sugary cereal is without doubt having a moment in the trendy dessert world. Swap in crushed-up Fruity Pebbles in place of breading to make this too-good-to-be-true dessert. (via Sweet Charli)
10. Tempura Avocado Carne Asada Fries: Here’s the scene: you just cut into an avocado. From your first twist of the pebbly fruit around the blade, you already know that what should be soft as butter has applied a vice grip to the knife. The only way to deal with your underripe avo? Fry it in tempura batter and top it with carne asada, of course. (via Culinary Bro Down)
11. Deep Fried Butter: We saved the best for last, y’all. Deep. Fried. Butter. Despite the emphasis on the perhaps yuck-inducing name, this take on what you probably scoffed at during your last stroll around the state fair grounds is only half butter. With cream cheese picking up the slack, it’s basically cheesecake in fried form. Just let it sink in. Fried. Cheesecake. (via The Dallas Socials)
What’s the most outrageous thing you’ve fried? Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.