Recently, her proud mama (and former model herself) Yolanda Hadid posted a pic to her Insta of Gigi in one of the best trends that can be rocked all year long — the nautical look. The photo is from Gigi’s Tommy Hilfiger campaign, and in the shot, Gigi looks super chic in white pants, a striped top and a navy jacket. It’s a look that can be easily copied, even in high summer. Here are a few outfits to get you started.
1. Off-the-Shoulder Perfection: Tuck a deep blue Zara Linen Tassel Top ($50) into a J.Crew Mini Skirt with Stripes ($70) for an easygoing yet put-together outfit, whether you’re hosting a casual backyard cookout or a clambake in New England.
2. A Seaworthy Wedding Look: Nautical doesn’t always mean casual. Zara’s Navy Jumpsuit ($70) is cool, strapless and perfect for a wedding. Throw on a pair of gold heels to add the right amount of sparkle and mimic the gold hardware on a sailor’s uniform. Some modern-looking earrings and a red leather pouch make you look perfectly put together.
3. Red and White + Ready to Go: Off-the-shoulder isn’t just the hottest trend of the summer — it’s also a great way to be subtly sexy. Pair an H&M White Off-the-Shoulder Top ($25) with River Island’s Red Tapered Pants ($70) that nip in at the waist for a great hourglass shape to pull off the trend. A white leather sandal and a blue-on-blue bag round out the outfit for a stylish day look.
4. All-day Versatility: If you’re looking for an outfit for an all-day outing that can take you anywhere, look no further than Topshop’s Short Sleeved Shirt ($55) and Zara’s Striped Shorts With Belt ($30). It’ll take you from brunch to afternoon cocktails to a sunset dinner easily, thanks to this short sleeve, slightly cropped sweater top and some cute, hot-weather appropriate shorts.
5. All That Glitters: Gold buttons are THE standby nautical staple (aside from stripes), and this River Island White Button Skirt ($56) is a perfect example. When you add in the French Connection Dot Top ($98) and some trendy striped slides, it all comes together in an adorable AF outfit.
6. Chambray at Sea: It doesn’t all have to be striped to look seafaring — try adding some other neutrals like gray, light blue or even black to break up the outfit and make it feel more modern. A good starting point is chambray, which you might already have in your closet. If not, try this chic, summer-ready River Island Light Blue Denim Wrap Dress ($80) (it’s great for work too). Adding some nautical accessories will really complete your outfit.
Tweet us pics of your other favorite Gigi looks @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Feature photo via Sonia Racchia / Getty)