You don’t have to wait until St. Patrick’s Day to show your love for all things green — emerald has been hot in the interior world since Pantone declared it the Color of the Year in 2013. And when paired with its brassy BFF, the duo of hues is pretty much unstoppable. Whether you’re going for a few little colorful printable accents or a bold statement, you can’t go wrong with taking a few notes from this gold ‘n’ green home decor inspo. Scroll on for 10 inspiring ways to bring the colors into your own home.
1. Go for the Gold: This gold-accented fireplace really pops with the geometric green art piece over the mantel. The metallic hues all around the room blend seamlessly to create a serious statement. (via Douglas Mackie)
2. When Nature Calls: Green invokes all things nature, so don’t forget to incorporate a little plant or animal life in the mix. The palm tree etagere draws in a little more texture to play with the emerald sofa. And don’t even get us started on the elephant side table. Can you say showstopper? (via Interiors by Studio M)
3. Mix + Match Colors: It’s totally cool to play with more colors and shapes when it comes to this classic emerald/brass pairing. Introduce a lighter shade of green into the mix to add dimension, and throw in some grays and browns for a little extra balance. Just think of emerald as the ultimate color party hostess. (via Melissa Mercier)
4. Think Away from Emerald: Emerald isn’t the only shade of green that plays well with gold — just about any shade of green can be a metallic match in heaven. Draw in a few more hues with a large plant, and accent away. (via Anthropologie)
5. Breathtaking Bamboo: Bamboo-inspired pieces always work well with green — they just draw everything back to that natural element. Add a little metallic edge to that pairing and you’ve got yourself quite the interior moment. (via Horchow)
6. Make It Malachite: Green makes quite the statement on its own, but malachite takes it to a whole other level. The rich jewel tone of the desk shines until the brass lamps steal back the spotlight. (via Matters of Style)
7. Keep It in the Kitchen: Green isn’t just for bathrooms and living spaces — the right shade of green can also elevate any cooking space. Oh, and just the right amount of sparkle in the sink and on the ceiling wouldn’t hurt either. (via Black Lacquer Design)
8. Nice Accent: A subtle but contrasting pattern can really balance out a strong statement wall. Toss in some texture with plants and a brassy, botanical-inspired mirror, and you’ve nailed the look. (via Desire to Inspire)
9. Green With a Glow: We’re totally down to hang with Cameron Diaz, but we’d especially like to chill in her kitchen. Take a tip from her, and give the accent color a starring role for some A+ ambiance that won’t quit. (via Elle Decor)
10. Brighten Up the Bathroom: Add a pop to a bland powder room with a quick cabinetry update. Just pick a swatch, switch out the hardware and voila: You’ve got a whole new look. (via HGTV)
Got it bad for green and gold? Follow us on Pinterest for more interior inspo!