If Rainbow Brite, My Little Pony and Barbie pooled their money to open a hair salon, we’re pretty sure this treatment would be on the menu. With all the drama of ombre hair minus the commitment, this bold look is perfect for adventurous ladies with a lazy streak. Meet the HOTROOT trend — AKA pink roots. These candy-hued accents will give your rainbow hairstyle that extra oomph it deserves. From hot pink hues to a bubble gum finish, your lackluster roots are gone for good. Check out 12 ways to rock this fun trend below.
1. Pink and Sherbet: Let your tresses shine like the sunset by rocking two bold hues together. Pair it with a glittery eye for the perfect GNO look.
2. Blue and Pink: If you’re the type to wear dark or muted hues, this look is perfect for you. Match it with a matte nude lip and a sultry summer slip dress for date night with bae.
3. Bubble Gum Pink: Short-haired babes, rejoice! Upgrade your ‘do by dyeing your pixie this loud-and-proud color. Add a bold purple lip for extra wow factor and you’re good to go.
4. Pink Ombre: Nothing is chicer than a good ombre, especially when it looks like this. Go for beach-inspired waves you can rock all through summer.
5. Pink and Purple: Bring out your inner rocker chic by adding a pink contrast to your mane. Whether you’re heading to a concert or checking out a new art gallery, this eye-catching hairdo will be a true crowd-pleaser.
6. Pink and Silver: If you want to give your lighter locks an extra hint of pizzazz, update your roots with this tried-and-true pink hue. Try a braid right down the middle to add an edgy effect to the girly-girl color.
7. Faded: Not so into the pop of pink? Try a more subtle hue. This carefree style will give you that cool-girl status without the commitment.
8. Bangs Braid: Up the ante on your pink roots by braiding your bangs into a chic plait. The mixed hues will add a nice contrast to the rest of your summer ensemble.
9. Pink and Lilac: This My Little Pony hairstyle is too cute to pass up! This look amps up your look for day or night.
10. Baby Bob: Give life to your faded locks by adding a bright pink hue to your roots. The reverse ombre adds major cool factor to your already stylish rainbow locks.
11. Pixie Cut: Add intrigue to your pixie by rocking this show-stopping style. Keep it sweet with a floral frock, or show off your edgy side with a Katy Perry-approved black lip.
12. Double Buns: Show off your newly dyed roots by rocking this ’90s-inspired look. Spritz a texturizing spray to add volume to your luscious locks.
Want more hair inspo? Follow us on Pinterest for more trends for your tresses.