Summer’s in full swing, and we’re all beating a path to the great outdoors! Whether you’re throwing your first dinner party or you’re an old hand at whipping up picnic food, you’re probably looking for some cool new outdoor entertaining ideas. Before you lose a day (or two) going down another inspo feed rabbit hole, check out this list of Pinterest’s top backyard entertaining ideas. It’s chock-full of everything you need to turn your backyard into party central.
1. DIY Outdoor Movie Theater Seats: Trainwreck is doubly good the second time around — especially when you’re seated outdoors with your buds. Kick back in these comfy lounge chairs that are an easy and inexpensive DIY. (via Not Just a Housewife / The Idea Room)
2. Backyard Movie Night: An old lawn table or bar cart is a perfect place to keep some blankets handy for your guests. Use a small chalkboard to introduce the name of the night’s film. (via The Junk Drunk)
3. DIY Movie Night Popcorn Bar: The only thing better than homemade popcorn is popcorn with candy mix-ins. Let everyone mix their custom batch and you’ll have some happy campers. (via Family Fresh Meals)
7. Lawn Twister: Spin the spinner and call the shot; Twister ties you up in a knot! This is the same old game we loved as kids, but this lawn version provides a softer landing when arms and legs give out. (via One Good Thing by Jillee)
9. Bean Bag Toss / Beer Pong: Ever notice your party breaking down into two factions: those outside playing lawn games and those inside playing beer pong? Bring the gang together with a game that everyone will want to play. (via The Grommet)
11. DIY Jumbo Jenga: Make a giant lawn version of everyone’s fave throwback game by simply cutting a bunch of two-by-fours into 48 pieces that are 10-1/2″ each. Paint the outside edges in fun colors to add a pop of color to your outdoor decor. Check out our DIY here too. (via Follow Eric)
12. Fire Pit & Adirondack Chairs: Here’s some snaggable decor perfect for your next backyard get together. Build a simple fire pit using rocks and set some comfy Adirondack chairs around it. (via White Loft Studio / Style Me Pretty)
13. Canopy of String Lights: There’s nothing like strings of white lights to make an evening seem magical. A canopy of simple bulb lights will give your backyard a glowing ambiance. Lanterns and candles can also add a nice touch. (via Gray House Studio)
14. Outdoor Dinner Seating: We can’t think of anything better than a meal shared with friends under a starry sky. Seating can be as simple as laying out blankets alongside a low table made of propped up reclaimed wood. Casual seating encourages cozy chatting into the night. (via The Fresh Exchange / Pizzazzerie)
15. DIY Mason Jar Bug Repellent: This non-toxic repellent is not only effective, but looks great and smells pretty too. Certain essential oils like cedarwood, lavender and lemon help to repel mosquitos. Mason jars add a nice down-home touch. (via The Snug)
Love these backyard entertaining ideas? We have more. Follow us on Pinterest.